Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How critical is base grip fit?

leam

The grips on a few pistols fit perfectly, others are about as pleasant as a chat with my ex. For a D class shooter, is grip fit a key to success? I've been told "fit is king", and I've been beaten by lots of people using guns that don't fit my hand. I've found one that fits, narrowing down the options. Trying to decide if altering the budget is the right option.

The grips on a few pistols fit perfectly, others are about as pleasant as a chat with my ex. For a D class shooter, is grip fit a key to success? I've been told "fit is king", and I've been beaten by lots of people using guns that don't fit my hand. I've found one that fits, narrowing down the options. Trying to decide if altering the budget is the right option.
how the gun feels and points naturally is important but HOW you grip and apply the proper pressure is vital. With the proper fundamental technique you will be able to adapt to almost any platform.

However, start with something that fits your hands properly and most importantly you enjoy shooting in competition.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

The feel isn't as important as making sure the grip is big enough. Small grips usually feel more ergonomic but they don't leave enough real estate to get the support hand on the gun. If you can get your support hand on the grip panels and not your strong hand fingers, and it doesn't cause physical pain to shoot, then the "fit" is fine. It may not "feel" good but it fits.