Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best place to purchase 9mm processed brass?

chgofirefighter

So far looking online the cheapest most affordable place to buy brass is from Sage's reloading supply, 5k for $119.99 not sure if the brass is fully processed though...   Any other good recommendations to purchase processed brass?  

Thanks~ 
I've bought from fancybrass and their 9mm is completely processed. High quality. Not cheap as Sage's though - 5zk would run $225 delivered.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I've been buying mine from Ammobrass, LLC.  I buy 6000 at a time for under 4 cents each.  Deprimed, decapped, primer pocket swaged, roll sized, cleaned in SS media, dried and a light coat of wax applied.  I'm halfway through my second batch this year and I've had zero defective cases.  100% drop into and out of my Shockbottle checker.

https://www.ammobrass.com/product-page/9mm-fully-processed-reloading-brass

I've been buying mine from Ammobrass, LLC.  I buy 6000 at a time for under 4 cents each.  Deprimed, decapped, primer pocket swaged, roll sized, cleaned in SS media, dried and a light coat of wax applied.  I'm halfway through my second batch this year and I've had zero defective cases.  100% drop into and out of my Shockbottle checker.

https://www.ammobrass.com/product-page/9mm-fully-processed-reloading-brass

These are roll sized? On the website it says push through sized or roll sized. I’m assuming that’s a blanket statement they put on all their brass and the 40/45 is push through and 9mm is roll sized since it’s tapered? Is that statement correct? I’m trying to find some decent roll sized brass to figure out if that will help with some rounds that won’t case gauge or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, looking4reloadingdeals said:

Is that statement correct?

Call and ask.  I think the first batch was push through sized, because they were not listing roll sized then.  I believe the second was roll sized.  It doesn't really matter to me because they all work and I have zero rejects.  They all case gauge.  Actually I did have one reject.  One stepped case sneaked in and I discarded it.

Ok I’ll give them a call. I just thought that 9mm couldn’t be push sized because it’s a tapered case? Like how lee sells the “bulge buster” dies for 40, but not for 9. After doing some research I thought that was because of the taper and the push through die would screw that up?

The Sage's bulk 5k package is not processed, it's sorted range brass. He does sell tumbled brass, it's the same price for 5k but doesn't include shipping. The tumbled stuff comes very clean and shiny. 

Sage is an awesome guy, a lot of the local shooters in the PNW get their brass from him. 

2 hours ago, looking4reloadingdeals said:

Any promo codes for shopping with them? About to place an order

Tell hin it's your first order and you'll get a small discount.

Look at Gunbroker as well. There's a seller on there I recently bought some 40 brass from and it's really nice. Not roll sized or resized but it's cleaned and deprimed. He sells in quantities of 1000. He puts them in 100 round vacuum sealed packages as well. At this point he's including basically 100 extra pieces to cover any bad or unusable stuff. so you get 1100 pieces.  Obviously there's other sellers as well but if you want to do an advanced search by seller look for pivot916, 

Another happy A+ Brass customer here.  I have reloaded and shot over 40K from him.  It comes sorted and all of the unusable brass has already been removed.  I have bought brass from a dozen different places over the years and Todd's is the best!

On 11/4/2019 at 12:21 PM, Mike62 said:

Another happy A+ Brass customer here.  I have reloaded and shot over 40K from him.  It comes sorted and all of the unusable brass has already been removed.  I have bought brass from a dozen different places over the years and Todd's is the best!

A+ brass!  Thanks guys! 

• 1 month later...
On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 2:01 PM, regor said:

The Sage's bulk 5k package is not processed, it's sorted range brass. He does sell tumbled brass, it's the same price for 5k but doesn't include shipping. The tumbled stuff comes very clean and shiny. 

Sage is an awesome guy, a lot of the local shooters in the PNW get their brass from him. 

If you get surplus military-type brass in that mix that has crimped in primers, what do you have to do to reload those?

7 minutes ago, GOF said:

If you get surplus military-type brass in that mix that has crimped in primers, what do you have to do to reload those?

You have to deprime, then swage the primer pocket.