Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Extra Aggressive Cheely Grip

SSGJohnV

Matt Cheely sent me a pic of the grips he's doing a small run of. The "Extra Aggressive" or the "DNA Collector" as I call them is the same as his usual E2 Aggressive grip, but more aggressive-er.

My understanding is that this is probably not going to be a regularly stocked item, but it looks cool as hell. I've always been a fan of "more aggressive is better" ever since I ran SV aggressive texture grips.

73236821_10104833526146923_6831394089879994368_n.jpg

1 hour ago, Silverscooby27 said:

Ouch. No thanks. Even the regular Non aggressive grips don’t move around in my hand with no pro grip, I can’t think of why I would need or want more. All you need is that the gun is not moving. Anything more is a waste. If your hands hurt, you ain’t gonna shoot. Simple as that.

You can always tone it down with a few strokes of a file. I used to shoot with an SV aggressive and I was wearing bandaids for a while. This will be more, true, but that's what callouses are for. 

When my hands get sweaty this matters. And it's all up to you. This is offered as an option, so you can pick what works for you. 

1 hour ago, dansedgli said:

ooh baby. 

I really likedmy aggressive one until I cerakoted it. It's ok but it really took the bite out. 

Similar story here. Cerakote can do that. Part of the reason I'm using these on my twins from Pat Rafferty. 

Sign me up! I love the aggressive texture also!  I have the evo2 and my grip is kinda wearing down.  It’s still tacky but not like it was brand new. I like his grips but his mag button doesn’t stick out far enough even with the extended Dawson button. Hopefully this changes cause he’s frame/grip combo is a great deal. 

I have the e2 and it has plenty of grip, don't think I want any more than that. As for mag button I have been using the Ed Brown. clears the grip and sticks out

just far enough so you cane reach it but not to much as to drop the mag unintentionally.

does anyone know if the Cheely mag release can be modded to work like Dawson’s posi-lock?

id like to run the E2 on my carry gun- but i damaged and replaced the ejector in the first week and acquired the Dawson lock 

edited to add - Matt said via email it could be done - I’m just unclear who I’d need to send it to in order to get it done. 

thank you. 

Edited by Duke17

On 11/7/2019 at 6:15 AM, nikdanja said:

Does anyone know if this grip is available in his frame grip combo?

I don't have frame/grip combos for sale on the webstore. Easier for you to pick the frame and the grip you want, and checkout. Then it's a DIY combo!