Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Size Allen Wrench for CZ Shadow 2

gwiley

Hello!  New here and so far from what I've read seems like a *great* group of people!

Can't seem to find this answer anywhere. I have a CZ Shadow 2 Urban Grey and I am thinking about changing out the sights, but even though I have a set of allen wrenches, both standard and metric (about 8 sizes of each), a wrench near the size of the screw on the rear sight is too small and the next bigger one is too large.

I've tried emailing CZ support about it, but never heard anything back.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, gwiley said:

Sorry for the delayed response- I tried the 2mm Allen and it is too small.  The next size up is too large. Any ideas why I would have an odd screw and what it could be?

That’s odd. I just checked mine again and it’s 2mm. I’m not sure why yours is different.

2 hours ago, cbrussell said:

Believe it or not, there is a 2.5 mm wrench. I forget what I needed it for, but had to purchase one separately.  I think I bought it at Wiha Tools.

Yes, 2.5 mm is made and actually very common.  All four of my metric Allen key sets (two folding types and two individual key sets) have one.  

• 1 year later...