Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IPSC production rule

R1valdez

From latest rules:

18. Aftermarket parts, components and accessories are prohibited, except as follows:

18.1 Aftermarket magazines are permitted, subject to 17.2 above.
18.2 Aftermarket open sights (see Rule 5.1.3.1) are permitted, provided their installation and/or adjustment requires no alteration to the handgun.
18.3 Aftermarket grip panels which match the profile and contours of the OFM standard or optional grip panels for the approved handgun and/or the application of tape on grips (see Appendix E3a) are permitted. However, rubber sleeves are prohibited.
18.4 Aftermarket springs and trigger assemblies are permitted.

I don't think the firing pin is part of the trigger assembly.

As both a US and IROA RM, I would say no, not legal for IPSC.  It is legal for USPSA.

Given your location (Maui), unless you're leaving the island for a non-US country or planning to shoot the US IPSC Nationals, you're unlikely to have a problem as you would likely be under USPSA rules.  But, if you are planning to shoot the US IPSC Nationals or matches in another country, IPSC rules will likely be the ones you need to follow.

On 10/30/2019 at 3:48 AM, Schutzenmeister said:

As both a US and IROA RM, I would say no, not legal for IPSC.  It is legal for USPSA.

Given your location (Maui), unless you're leaving the island for a non-US country or planning to shoot the US IPSC Nationals, you're unlikely to have a problem as you would likely be under USPSA rules.  But, if you are planning to shoot the US IPSC Nationals or matches in another country, IPSC rules will likely be the ones you need to follow.

We shoot USPSA rules here on Maui. I’m going to the Philippines to shoot Austrilasia match that’s why I’m asking. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...