Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dry Fire Programs besides Ben Stoeger's??

Jhall100

I have played with both. Ben Stoeger program is more "advanced" sSeve Andersons is more "base Fundimentals". That being said , I perfer to practice the Steve Anderson Drills more. They are more classifier skills and things you want to become Subconcious

Denato broke it down how I see it also.

I know you didn’t ask but Steve’s podcast have really helped me with the mental aspect of USPSA. If you aren’t listening to the podcast then I’d recommend that you start. You can’t beat the price.

2 hours ago, OdinIII said:

Denato broke it down how I see it also.

I know you didn’t ask but Steve’s podcast have really helped me with the mental aspect of USPSA. If you aren’t listening to the podcast then I’d recommend that you start. You can’t beat the price.

Great advice!  I'll check him out.

• 3 weeks later...

Ben's 15min video is pretty "outdated"  his dry fire reloaded has a lot of different drills and ideals outlined in it.  I work from it mostly, but still do Anderson's 12 drills in refinement and repetition.  For me, I find it most productive to do maybe 3 or 4 drills for 4 or 5 mins each drill.  I find myself "rushing" or loosing focus when I try to stretch it out much past that.

17 minutes ago, Chris iliff said:

Mr. Anderson wrote the book on dry fire. 

His journey through the shooting sports may not parallel a national champion, but NO ONE understands TEACHING and HOW TO TEACH, better than Steve. 

IMHO

I'm ordering his book very soon.  Thanks!

• 1 month later...