Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

19 Series Classifiers?


nasty618
 Share

Recommended Posts

Looks like at least a couple of stages are repeated from Hi to Lo Cap Nationals... I see Lo/Hi'er Love Lo/Hi Cost of Living and same round counts.   I wonder if these are going to be the new 2019 Classifiers...  Both were very high HF (9-10) and that's considering that the top shooters were not pushing things to the limit at the match.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Short & Medium courses for Nationals 2019 were so so so so so much better than 2018. IMO the only classifier that is worth keeping from the 18 series is 18-09 and MAYBE 18-07 (18-05 asks for too much in building the stage & resetting it after each shooter, for 80 points, and could cause a match to back up) - the rest should be thrown out.

Edited by sc68cal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://uspsa.org/classifiers/

 

https://uspsa.org/viewer//19-01.pdf

https://uspsa.org/viewer//19-02.pdf

https://uspsa.org/viewer//19-03.pdf

https://uspsa.org/viewer//19-04.pdf

 

Looks like the new formula  used to determine HHFs is  the average of top 10 performers at the 2019 Nationals, unlike the last year 95% of the top 10 average. Maybe to avoid the mid season HHF adjustment later? IDK... 

 

 

Edited by nasty618
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, nasty618 said:

https://uspsa.org/classifiers/

 

https://uspsa.org/viewer//19-01.pdf

https://uspsa.org/viewer//19-02.pdf

https://uspsa.org/viewer//19-03.pdf

https://uspsa.org/viewer//19-04.pdf

 

Looks like the new formula  used to determine HHFs is  the average of top 10 performers at the 2019 Nationals, unlike the last year 95% of the top 10 average. Maybe to avoid the mid season HHF adjustment later? IDK... 

 

 

Where did you get these links? There doesn't seem to be anything on the app, website or classifier calculator. Just curious. 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, nasty618 said:

https://uspsa.org/classifiers/

 

https://uspsa.org/viewer//19-01.pdf

https://uspsa.org/viewer//19-02.pdf

https://uspsa.org/viewer//19-03.pdf

https://uspsa.org/viewer//19-04.pdf

 

Looks like the new formula  used to determine HHFs is  the average of top 10 performers at the 2019 Nationals, unlike the last year 95% of the top 10 average. Maybe to avoid the mid season HHF adjustment later? IDK... 

 

 

Not sure they know how to figure anything out. New classifiers are easier than older ones just due to the smaller pool to use for HHF. 
 

If the goal post keeps moving to make X class, but there’s nothing in place to keep classes current with that, then is someone that made X class 5 yrs ago still that class?  It seems almost impossible to get bumped down via the petition route. I’d guess 80% of shooters don’t continue to get better past a certain level. So, how can they keep the classifications the same?  

Edited by B_RAD
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ChuckS said:

Where did you get these links? There doesn't seem to be anything on the app, website or classifier calculator. Just curious

The links were straight from the main site - https://uspsa.org/classifiers/  This morning, when i posted this, the new classifiers were listed there, in the  online calculator and in mobile app.  In app the links to diagrams and WSB were not working, one of the classifiers in the online calculator was not selectable in the drop down.  

 

I am guessing they are still working out the functionality of the web app - must have been a late night launch, not fully tested.... they'll sort it out shortly, i am sure.   But the classifier scores from the 2019 Nationals are live and classification system ran this morning, recognizing and calculating them.

Edited by nasty618
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

New classifiers are easier than older ones just due to the smaller pool to use for HHF. 

 

Easier to get a high score because there is not much data or easier technical skill wise?  I looked at some of the results, folks from B to GM levels and seems that generally people performed to their level - both their classifier percentage and match result wise.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, nasty618 said:

 

Easier to get a high score because there is not much data or easier technical skill wise?  I looked at some of the results, folks from B to GM levels and seems that generally people performed to their level - both their classifier percentage and match result wise.  

Easier to get a high score. When classifiers are new and based on match performance at majors, the HF is lower. There is much less data, and people have not yet had the opportunity to hero-or-zero at a club match.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, nasty618 said:

 

Easier to get a high score because there is not much data or easier technical skill wise?  I looked at some of the results, folks from B to GM levels and seems that generally people performed to their level - both their classifier percentage and match result wise.  

What track says

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, TrackCage said:

Easier to get a high score. When classifiers are new and based on match performance at majors, the HF is lower. There is much less data, and people have not yet had the opportunity to hero-or-zero at a club match.

 

yeah, that was the case with the last year's 18 series. Subsequently, they were bumped. This year, the formula seems to be different, as i mentioned. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, nasty618 said:

 

yeah, that was the case with the last year's 18 series. Subsequently, they were bumped. This year, the formula seems to be different, as i mentioned. 

Agree that the formula appears different, but I don't think that will matter (in the long run). Hero's still gonna try to hero.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

oh for sure. I am thinking maybe they are choosing to make 19 series HHF just a bit harder this time? 100% of the top 10 average in 2019 vs 95% in 2018 - perhaps to avoid a drastic adjustment mid season after everyone has been running the 19 series, like they did with 18 series last year?  IDK

Edited by nasty618
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, nasty618 said:

Looks like the new formula  used to determine HHFs is  the average of top 10 performers at the 2019 Nationals, unlike the last year 95% of the top 10 average.

On closer inspection it appears that the formulas used to determine HHFs for the 19 series classifiers are the same as for the 18 series, but there are at least two different formulas.

 

In Production, HHF is the average of top 10 HFs. In Revolver, it's the average of top 10 HFs after excluding HFs that are below 90% of the stage winner.

 

Also worth noting is that 19 series HHFs are different between CO and Production. Prior to 19 series CO mirrored Production. Maybe because 19 series classifiers are 12 or 14 shots with no mandatory reload, so a larger magazine gives an advantage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...
41 minutes ago, arminikene said:

could anyone tell me please CO 19-04 100% HF?

 

In what division?  They are different, based on the division.

 

I'll note---no matter what, you can always go to the USPSA website, go to your classification record, then click on the little calculator-looking thing on the right.  It is a classifier calculator, and you can use it for all classifiers and all divisions.

 

Similarly, if you have the phone app, you can do the same.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...