Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

open gun thumb rest

Slide4949

I have been using a go gas thumb rest on my Atlas Chaos but have realized it would be better if I could lock my wrist over. I can take it off and do that but I like some kind of rest.

Anyone  know of one that is flat that I can mount to the red dot mount. Allchin  makes one but want fit my dot. 

Edited by Slide4949

DAA makes an adjustable one that you can position in just about any configuration. (not 100% sure about completely flat)

I assume that you can mount it over a red dot mount, but can't confirm as I am a lefty 😯

A longer (1/2"-3/4") pan head screw coupled with an appropriately sized (ID and OD) piece of stainless steel tubing (from McMaster Carr) on one of your mounting screws could possibly achieve the same thing. Basically make a "peg" out of one of the dot mount screws, and the angle is all depenant on you.

Just an idea! :cheers:

I’ve never consistently run thumb rests but recently tried the go gun. I kinda liked it but it felt like my thumb was flagged too high kind of like you’re describing. I switched to the akai and night and day better feeling. I know that’s not what you’re asking for seeing how it’s not pointing down but it’s a very good feeling thumbrest for those who like go gun but want a little more. 

Edited by Shmella

I also replaced GoGuns and RHTs with the Akai.  They feel perfect.  I also tried no rest for a while.  That didn't work either, because my weak hand grip around my strong hand was not as good.