Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IDPA World Shoot Thoughts

PokerNGuns

I honestly wonder how some of these stages(problems) make it into matches?  We all know that everything looks good on paper until it gets rolled out. By that time it's too late. I get that and feel stuff like that is going to happen from time to time. Regardless of the sport.   

But the hand tied stage, the stage where it was better to take the huge FTR penalty, the shirts on target. Again, not specific to IDPA. USPSA has these types of issues too. 

My guess, stage designers/MD are trying to be creative and it goes wrong. IMO, it's not a bad idea to just stick with challenging and not try to go to unique. 

On 10/29/2019 at 8:57 AM, rowdyb said:

All the China love bothered me as well. China is an avowed enemy to our national interests and that of our long time allies. Sucking up to them on social media and in real life is weak and short sighted.

hmmmm

Edited by hyasuma

Someone told me at dinner that 85% of the targets had t-shirts on them. I don’t know if that’s correct, but there was a lot. We had one CSO brief us that if the next squad comes before we are finished, the remaining shooters would be DNF’d. I don’t think it would have happened, so why the unnecessary threat. A few SOs had a better then thou attitude, but the majority of them were great and fun to be around.