Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Muller Chokes

accu9

10 minutes ago, accu9 said:

I would like to get some upgraded chokes for a Beretta 690 sporting black (32") for sporting clays. Does anybody have any experience with Muller featherlite's? 

Mueller makes good chokes..... 

But, unless you just WANT to buy new chokes, there's very little reason to use anything other than the OBHP extended chokes that came with your 690. 

The OEM OBHPs are great chokes, and actually, the extended IC's are actually about .013" constriction (very close to traditional LM). A pair of the IC's make a great set of sporting chokes. 

Keep a Modified with you for anything that looks longer than normal, and trust the gun. 

On 10/28/2019 at 1:30 PM, Ssanders224 said:

Mueller makes good chokes..... 

But, unless you just WANT to buy new chokes, there's very little reason to use anything other than the OBHP extended chokes that came with your 690. 

The OEM OBHPs are great chokes, and actually, the extended IC's are actually about .013" constriction (very close to traditional LM). A pair of the IC's make a great set of sporting chokes. 

Keep a Modified with you for anything that looks longer than normal, and trust the gun. 

I appreciate the response. I will stick with the Optima HP’s and simply get an additional IC. Thanks!

16 hours ago, nikdanja said:

My dad swears by them. He shoots clays a ton and he says he can notice a big difference in his patterns. He even wants to hunt with them!

I have heard the same sentiment. Gill Ash swears by them as well, he knows a thing or two!

• 1 month later...