Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Chinese ballistic chronograph

I got one of the first Chrony back in mid '80, I killed it ,about 20 years ago, putting the wrong rear sight on my Tanfoglio.

Then I got a ProChrono which was just "wounded" by its new owner.

I tried the CED M2 a friend of mine had on sale, but it didn't work.

Looking around I found those chinese stuff, Nolan do you tried it?

On 10/29/2019 at 2:44 AM, Kema said:

Just buy Shooting Chrony or Competition Electronics and forget chinesium products.

This! 

I haven't tried any of the knock-offs, but I've seen this with other types of equipment.  Basically, you will be wasting the $50-75 for the cheap knock-off, that will either never work, work poorly,  or only work for a very short time and then you will have to buy the more expensive chronograph you should have bought the first time.

I've used several brands over the years (Shooting Chrony, CED, Pact)  and had very few problems with them other than self (or friend) inflicted DOH!  Now I use a Lab Radar and that pretty much eliminates the 'shooting it because the sights were off' problems.

Nolan

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

If you are going to a major match (sectional, area championship, or nationals) why would you waste your time and money buying and trusting the velocity from a Chinese chrono? If your velocity is low at a major match (below power factor) on the chrono stage your hits cannot be scored- therefore get a reliable chrono. 

• 1 month later...

As has been stated if you want to save $$,  go with a Chrony.  It will do wha t you need, accurate and tough.  How tough??  Several major rounds impact tough..!!!  How do I know,   See below....  Yes it still works,  yes it is still as accurate as my CED....  This is now a loaner😂😂

IMG_2222.JPG

IMG_2224.JPG

On 3/5/2020 at 6:36 PM, NoSteel said:

As has been stated if you want to save $$,  go with a Chrony.  It will do wha t you need, accurate and tough.  How tough??  Several major rounds impact tough..!!!  How do I know,   See below....  Yes it still works,  yes it is still as accurate as my CED....  This is now a loaner😂😂

IMG_2222.JPG

IMG_2224.JPG

That looks similar to one of mine, and it to still works.  Shooting Chrony.

One friend of mine and another shooter took the risk and ordered 2 chinese chronos.

Tested their new tools with a Chrony Alpha, 3 chronos in line, results were in the 1% tolerance.

So I ask again, Has anyone  bought and used one of the many Chinese ballistic chronographs sold on Ebay?