Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP Firing pin problem

Today at the range. 30 shots then click, nothing. Rounds chambered but no imprint on primer. At home I took out the bolt and tried to remove the FP, it's stuck. Maybe broken? Will go to gunsmith later coming week. Bit worried. Gun is new not even 400 rounds... My question: what causes FP problems?? Where to look for?

Tnx!!

Sometimes i pull the trigger, hammer goes down and then  nothing happens.

Firing is not stuck.  Never happens to me on my local range,  only in competetion. (I shoot Dynamic Service Rifle; it's a dutch competetion)

I always thought is was user error, but now i hear your experience i am in doubt.

Happened to me with both the GMR13 and the GMR15.

It drives me crazy not knowing what it is.

Henk: can't pm you about the TF Fattie  via the npsa forum, i don't shoot IPSC.

1 hour ago, John1969 said:

Sometimes i pull the trigger, hammer goes down and then  nothing happens.

Firing is not stuck.  Never happens to me on my local range,  only in competetion. (I shoot Dynamic Service Rifle; it's a dutch competetion)

I always thought is was user error, but now i hear your experience i am in doubt.

Happened to me with both the GMR13 and the GMR15.

It drives me crazy not knowing what it is.

Henk: can't pm you about the TF Fattie  via the npsa forum, i don't shoot IPSC.

Got your message, asap someone goes USA we arrange it!

I'd say no on the SR primers. That would be the opposite way one would want to go IMO.

I don't know how you got that much gunk in the FP channel. Sounds like just a fluke to me. I'd clean it and try again. I'd bet you will have no more problems.

1 minute ago, egd5 said:

I'd say no on the SR primers. That would be the opposite way one would want to go IMO.

I don't know how you got that much gunk in the FP channel. Sounds like just a fluke to me. I'd clean it and try again. I'd bet you will have no more problems.

Tnx! That's what I'm going to do. Report back later, now preparing for Dutch Nationals Handgun...

On 10/27/2019 at 11:38 AM, Fasthenk65 said:

Today at the range. 30 shots then click, nothing. Rounds chambered but no imprint on primer. At home I took out the bolt and tried to remove the FP, it's stuck. Maybe broken? Will go to gunsmith later coming week. Bit worried. Gun is new not even 400 rounds... My question: what causes FP problems?? Where to look for?

Tnx!!

Is it visible in the breechface?   I have had a firing pin get stuck, requiring me to push it out.  It worked fine after that. 

• 2 weeks later...

There's a known problem with JP firing pins. The one in my gun broke in 3 pieces. Apparently, tghey were manud=factured with sharp corners where the diameter of the pin changes.  Contact JP, as I did, and they will send a warranty replacement.