Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP Firing pin problem


Recommended Posts

Today at the range. 30 shots then click, nothing. Rounds chambered but no imprint on primer. At home I took out the bolt and tried to remove the FP, it's stuck. Maybe broken? Will go to gunsmith later coming week. Bit worried. Gun is new not even 400 rounds... My question: what causes FP problems?? Where to look for?

 

Tnx!!

Link to comment

Sometimes i pull the trigger, hammer goes down and then  nothing happens.

Firing is not stuck.  Never happens to me on my local range,  only in competetion. (I shoot Dynamic Service Rifle; it's a dutch competetion)

I always thought is was user error, but now i hear your experience i am in doubt.

Happened to me with both the GMR13 and the GMR15.

It drives me crazy not knowing what it is.

 

 

Henk: can't pm you about the TF Fattie  via the npsa forum, i don't shoot IPSC.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, John1969 said:

Sometimes i pull the trigger, hammer goes down and then  nothing happens.

Firing is not stuck.  Never happens to me on my local range,  only in competetion. (I shoot Dynamic Service Rifle; it's a dutch competetion)

I always thought is was user error, but now i hear your experience i am in doubt.

Happened to me with both the GMR13 and the GMR15.

It drives me crazy not knowing what it is.

 

 

Henk: can't pm you about the TF Fattie  via the npsa forum, i don't shoot IPSC.

Got your message, asap someone goes USA we arrange it!

Link to comment

I'd say no on the SR primers. That would be the opposite way one would want to go IMO.

I don't know how you got that much gunk in the FP channel. Sounds like just a fluke to me. I'd clean it and try again. I'd bet you will have no more problems.

Link to comment
1 minute ago, egd5 said:

I'd say no on the SR primers. That would be the opposite way one would want to go IMO.

I don't know how you got that much gunk in the FP channel. Sounds like just a fluke to me. I'd clean it and try again. I'd bet you will have no more problems.

Tnx! That's what I'm going to do. Report back later, now preparing for Dutch Nationals Handgun...

Link to comment
On 10/27/2019 at 11:38 AM, Fasthenk65 said:

Today at the range. 30 shots then click, nothing. Rounds chambered but no imprint on primer. At home I took out the bolt and tried to remove the FP, it's stuck. Maybe broken? Will go to gunsmith later coming week. Bit worried. Gun is new not even 400 rounds... My question: what causes FP problems?? Where to look for?

 

Tnx!!

Is it visible in the breechface?   I have had a firing pin get stuck, requiring me to push it out.  It worked fine after that. 

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...

There's a known problem with JP firing pins. The one in my gun broke in 3 pieces. Apparently, tghey were manud=factured with sharp corners where the diameter of the pin changes.  Contact JP, as I did, and they will send a warranty replacement.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...