Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Overshooting A zone on transitions

Limitless13

I found for me Its more in the sharpness of the transition. if i try to go smooth and slower I over transition more, If I snap to the A-zone as hard as I can I tend to stop and get better hits. Also realizing that a 5yard transition on a 5yard target is NOT like a 5yard transition on a 15yard target made a difference. I know that last part sounds silly but The longer targets is where I noticed myself milking the transition instead of being Aggressive and ending up with Alpha charlie or Alpha Delta. More often now I end up shooting too early and getting the opposite Charlie Alpha.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cha is right about the hips and core. The accuracy portion in my opinion gets distorted when you start forcing the transitions with too much shoulda and arms. Gotta keep them relaxed and a good grip. Snap Eyes on center of available target, use legs core to move right to it, keep shoulders relaxed and good grip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Took a class this past week with a GM. I didn’t know a bunch of stuff I didn’t know! I’m high A shooter right now and never taken a class. My stance was wrong, my transitions were not good. Learned to square up on targets, bracket them with my feet if possible, to blend my knee’s a little, keep my pistol extended in correct form and grip, and to transition target to target with my hips and core..I cut my times dramatically...I’m still got to repeat, practice and form these correct habits after years of doing it wrong way. Great subject and great way to cut your overall times...

Edited by falconpilot