Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I call it my P365X

Sigarmsp226

Love my P365 and always carry it with the 12 round extended mag so when the P365XL came out and SIG confirmed that the P365 and the P365XL uppers and lowers would interchange I decided to grab a P365XL lower that was on GunBroker for $199......Ordered four of the standard 12 round base plates from SIG for $5.00 each and now I am set up......Have over 800 rounds through the P365 variant and another 240 rounds through this variant with ZERO issues......Mark

1506F58E-CBCC-4763-902E-BEABF3385557.jpeg

D7E40C94-C5FA-4BF6-A8A3-E4207AF115C9.jpeg

Edited by Sigarmsp226
Add photos

Man I just shot a buddies 365 over the weekend and it was freaking awesome!  My expectation was realistic I the fact that it’s going to recoil hard. It’s a tiny 9mm. But was really impressed with the size and how many rounds it holds! Waiting for the Christmas bonus so I can pick one up!

20 hours ago, Degnan said:

You were able to buy just the lower?  That's awesome, and has to make reloading easier.  

Yes. If you watch GunBroker and search under P365 XL there are several dealers that separate the complete upper from the complete lower and sell each in separate auctions. One dealer provides two factory 12 round XL mags with his lower units. The one I bought for $199.00 came with one 12 round XL mag and the factory box also.  Dealer kindly provided box because the lower carries the SN#....Mark

Edited by Sigarmsp226

• 2 months later...
On 10/30/2019 at 5:51 PM, Sigarmsp226 said:

Yes. If you watch GunBroker and search under P365 XL there are several dealers that separate the complete upper from the complete lower and sell each in separate auctions. One dealer provides two factory 12 round XL mags with his lower units. The one I bought for $199.00 came with one 12 round XL mag and the factory box also.  Dealer kindly provided box because the lower carries the SN#....Mark

Doesn’t the FCU have the serial number and is what is actually considered a firearm? I have a P365 and an extra grip module that has silicon carbide treatment on it and I switch them out all the time. The P365 is the same as the P320. Grip modules/lowers are not serialized. If you bought the lower with FCU then than makes sense. If so that’s a good deal at $200. 

Edited by Posvar

On 1/20/2020 at 7:16 PM, Sigarmsp226 said:

Posvar - Yes Sir - the SN is part of the FCU and I did pick up the complete lower unit with the FCU for $200.00. Just had to have it shipped to my FFL for registration...Still carrying this version and loving it...Mark

Thanks. I now understand.

I always pocket carry my 365 except the coldest parts of winter when I go IWB.  For those times I decided to do the same as you and turn my 365 into an X, but instead of buying an entire lower I just bought the grip module, swapped over the mag release, and moved my flush fit base pad from my 10 round mag to one of the 12 round mags I already had.  Total cost about $40.  😀  

b3ByrGL.jpg

13 minutes ago, dave33 said:

I always pocket carry my 365 except the coldest parts of winter when I go IWB.  For those times I decided to do the same as you and turn my 365 into an X, but instead of buying an entire lower I just bought the grip module, swapped over the mag release, and moved my flush fit base pad from my 10 round mag to one of the 12 round mags I already had.  Total cost about $40.  😀  

b3ByrGL.jpg

I’m going to do this. Where is the best place to get an XL module?

3 hours ago, Posvar said:

I’m going to do this. Where is the best place to get an XL module?

I got mine from smallgunparts.com.  Osage county guns sells them as well.  The mag release can be a little tricky to get out so you may want to get one of those as a matter of convenience. 

I like the gun but the grip is so frikin skinning it’s difficult to hold well with my support hand.  Once I run the gun doing something like a bill drill it’s tough to stay accurate as I’d like.  I really wish they would make a grip module with a wider grip.    That’s probably the biggest reason I personally prefer the 43x over the XL.   Now with the 15 round option the 43x is pretty sweet.  XL is a nice shooter though, like  it much more the the 365.

• 1 year later...
On 1/23/2020 at 7:43 PM, PGGUNS said:

I like the gun but the grip is so frikin skinning it’s difficult to hold well with my support hand.  Once I run the gun doing something like a bill drill it’s tough to stay accurate as I’d like.  I really wish they would make a grip module with a wider grip.    That’s probably the biggest reason I personally prefer the 43x over the XL.   Now with the 15 round option the 43x is pretty sweet.  XL is a nice shooter though, like  it much more the the 365.

I've run into this problem a bit, and found a solution for it on Reddit of all places. Hogue makes a really slick grip sleeve for the 365 and XL that widens the grip just enough to give you more purchase on the gun without sacrificing concealability - https://www.hogueinc.com/grips/handall-grip-sleeves/beavertail/sig-sauer-p365/p365-xl

It makes the little Sig much more pleasant to shoot