Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
benos

BE Blog

https://brianenos.com/blog/

Each Monday, I’ll post a new topic in one of two categories. One will be on shooting, and the other will be on living, or: “how I learned to live from what I learned by competing.” (That's not totally true but it sounds more fun.)

I started with an Intro and Bio (Who am I?) post. On Monday, November 4, I'll add the first "On Living" post.

If you have a request for a specific topic, add it to this Topic.

Any connections you might be able to draw between your interests in motorcycling (still on an 800GS?) and shooting/living.

Edited by belus

Suggestions noted. (And no, I sold the GS 800 - just didn't ride it enough to justify it.)

Next weeks post will be on "Living  is more fun the..."

The "can I fix it filter". I like that. 😀

On 11/22/2019 at 12:19 PM, benos said:

Next week's topic is The Shooter's Index Position.

This is a great series of drills. While obviously the intent is to get the index as perfect as possible every time, how close do you consider to be "good enough?" I'm consistently indexing from the draw with the front sight partially obscured by one or the other side of the rear sight. It's close, but not right on. 

14 minutes ago, BelRiose said:

This is a great series of drills. While obviously the intent is to get the index as perfect as possible every time, how close do you consider to be "good enough?" I'm consistently indexing from the draw with the front sight partially obscured by one or the other side of the rear sight. It's close, but not right on. 

Good enough means drawing to a perfectly aligned sight picture, every time. :) It might take some years of dedicated practice.