Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BE Blog

benos

https://brianenos.com/blog/

Each Monday, I’ll post a new topic in one of two categories. One will be on shooting, and the other will be on living, or: “how I learned to live from what I learned by competing.” (That's not totally true but it sounds more fun.)

I started with an Intro and Bio (Who am I?) post. On Monday, November 4, I'll add the first "On Living" post.

If you have a request for a specific topic, add it to this Topic.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2019 at 12:19 PM, benos said:

Next week's topic is The Shooter's Index Position.

This is a great series of drills. While obviously the intent is to get the index as perfect as possible every time, how close do you consider to be "good enough?" I'm consistently indexing from the draw with the front sight partially obscured by one or the other side of the rear sight. It's close, but not right on. 

14 minutes ago, BelRiose said:

This is a great series of drills. While obviously the intent is to get the index as perfect as possible every time, how close do you consider to be "good enough?" I'm consistently indexing from the draw with the front sight partially obscured by one or the other side of the rear sight. It's close, but not right on. 

Good enough means drawing to a perfectly aligned sight picture, every time. :) It might take some years of dedicated practice. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2020 at 11:52 PM, benos said:

This week: The Zone.

Do people remember details of what happened, when the Zone happened? Does it matter?

Sometimes, after a good "performance", you hear people say they don't remember what exactly went on. They were like on auto pilot doing what they had trained to do.

• 3 weeks later...