Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Mdooz

Dan Wesson DWX: The Mother Thread

We're like 64 hours into 2020.  Let's go Dan Wesson and get these in dealer's hands.  I've got money burning a hole in my PayPal acct.

Waiting to hear about the 40 version.  Going to be my 2021 Limited Division purchase if/when the magazine capacity gets sorted out.

I ordered one in 40 from the local CZ dealer. He said they were told the guns would ship sometime in February or March. I have high expectations for this gun and hope to run it in Limited once I get used to it. 

I was told that The dealer expo in Connecticut is going to have a few.

How do you think the sti staccato series guns will compare to this Dwx as far as shooting performance and ergonomics? Any major advantages with either? 

11 hours ago, JA8891 said:

How do you think the sti staccato series guns will compare to this Dwx as far as shooting performance and ergonomics? Any major advantages with either? 

From the performance side I suspect the DWX will be much better, considering it is targeted at the competition crowd and STI seems to have heavily shifted their lineup to cater to the John Wick crowd. 

On 1/3/2020 at 4:45 PM, aandabooks said:

We're like 64 hours into 2020.  Let's go Dan Wesson and get these in dealer's hands.  I've got money burning a hole in my PayPal acct.

I couldn't agree more with this statement. Can't wait to get my hands on one.

Posted (edited)

I'd like to see one in someone's for a table top and range review. I was waiting on these to come out before I ordered my TSO but eventually ran out of patience. 

Edited by KyleJ

3 hours ago, KyleJ said:

I'd like to see one in someone's for a table top and range review. I was waiting on these to come out before I ordered my TSO but eventually ran out of patience. 

I get that love my SP01 shadow SAO  from CZC

So from the people that put the hand on it. This last weekend.  If you like shadow 2. It's the gun you have to have. The compact. This person liked it better as its p01 frame. He got 60 total coming for the end of the month.  Including a shadow 2 SAO. 

I just noticed that the .40 is listed as holding 15-rounds.  That's going to be an awfully large basepad extension to get limited shooters to the 20 rounds they have come to expect from a limited gun.

2 minutes ago, muncie21 said:

I just noticed that the .40 is listed as holding 15-rounds.  That's going to be an awfully large basepad extension to get limited shooters to the 20 rounds they have come to expect from a limited gun.

basepad and spring/follower kit. 20-21 rounds. with the P10/P09 mag.

we have same set up for A01 Limited gun.

Matt Hopkins has a video of loading and shooting a DWX with 21

Good to know Stuart!  Twelve days into 2020 and I'm already planning to raid the toy-fund stash.

Stuart, where can we find Matt’s video? Thanks.  

Sorry if this was covered already. I buzzed through the previous pages and didn't see it. Anyone know if these will come in a rail-less version? I don't really have much of a need for a rail. Just wondering. 

On 1/11/2020 at 7:36 PM, 1911vm said:

So from the people that put the hand on it. This last weekend.  If you like shadow 2. It's the gun you have to have. The compact. This person liked it better as its p01 frame. He got 60 total coming for the end of the month.  Including a shadow 2 SAO. 

Having trouble understanding what you wrote here... 

Who are you talking about? A store owner/FFL/gun dealer? You're saying that person prefers the compact, but the others who shot it prefer the full size? Where did people get to shoot the DWX?

Let me try again.  Yes FFL . I did not say he shot it.  What he said that was, that people that shoot and like shadow 2 will love this gun. For the ones that do not, like the feel of the compact better.

Edited by 1911vm

10 hours ago, lfine said:

Stuart, where can we find Matt’s video? Thanks.  

It’s on a Facebook group.