Dan Wesson DWX: The Mother Thread

Mdooz

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It doesnt have the low bore axis that czs are known for....it doesnt have the amazing grips 1911/2011s are known for....it tries to make up for all if this with the weight but at 43 ozs it weighs less than both the 2011 and the czs. It's a cool engineering feat for sure but at its core its an 1800$ answer to a question no one asked or wanted. 

6 hours ago, Magsz said:

Question for the guys that are saying they want one.

Im ALL for just buying guns because you want it.  However, at the current state of my life, newly married, new house, trying to do the right thing financially etc, I find myself justifying purchases of firearms based upon some perceived "need" or use category.

For those of you that want this pistol.  What do you intend to do with it?  I dont really see this out classing a 2011 in limited.  I do see it as another option which is kinda cool but man, there's a HUGE uphill battle there considering how effective the 2011 is at this point.  I see the bonus in this pistol as being its mags that wont require tuning.

For the compact variant, its not my cup of tea as i dont prefer to carry steel firearms.  Perhaps there will be an alloy frame down the road but for now, we are going with what we know in that its a steel frame.  So, once again, im not sure what the point of the compact pistol will be.  If YOU like to carry steel guns, rock on brothers but the real question that I have is does DW think that there's enough market demand for an oddball non 1911 steel carry gun??

I love new firearms and im glad to see this come, im just scratching my head slightly.

For me, who immediately thought of the Fry "Shut up and take my money" meme, I've always wanted a full rail 1911 in 9mm.  For reasons.  I could only get one custom ordered, and couldn't justify that.  This is significantly easier for me to justify, even for a range toy, has better magazine capacity, and comes from a reputable and established company.

6 hours ago, jripper said:

Not at that price point.  It's hard to get a 2011 in that price range.   If it has a 1911 trigger, and a more ergonomic grip, then that is a big improvement over a TSO. 

Wait until you have to deal with those small mags in Limited. There's no improvement there over a TSO. 

from a different forum not mine . do not have skills like this LOL

Low bore axis on CZ's is kind of an optical illusion because of the slide in frame design.  Strong hand distance from the bore is about the same.

694489175_cz1911.thumb.png.5b835f5a73de5fabedd529d7df12179c.png

14 hours ago, Ajohnson15 said:

Quite literally the same capacity capability. Only at a fraction of the price😉

The P09/10F mags seem to run around $33, vs $45 for the TS mags, so you're saving $12/mag, but then you add in at least another $45 each for spring/follower kits and that discount matters is much less significant.

The TSO comes with 3 magazines, most people will probably want a 4th, so your additional cost to setup mags will be $225 for the TSO vs $213 for the DWX (assuming it also comes with 3 mags). A discount is a discount, but that's not going to sway anyone from the TSO to the DWX. 

32 minutes ago, Superkaratemonkeyfighter said:

Any word on magwells ? 

It’s Not advertised with one. 

Hope they come up with a different way to hold it to the gun rather than that channel. 

Not a big fan of that. 

Takes CZ 75 magwells. Says it right on the CZ USA homepage announcement.

To run in IDPA ESP if I want to.  USPSA Limited is a blast!  I know 43oz (empty mag/no magwell) is the limit in IDPA but why trust an un-calibrated scale?  Sure, every gun is going to be a little bit different.

On 10/23/2019 at 12:01 PM, Magsz said:

Question for the guys that are saying they want one.

Im ALL for just buying guns because you want it.  However, at the current state of my life, newly married, new house, trying to do the right thing financially etc, I find myself justifying purchases of firearms based upon some perceived "need" or use category.

For those of you that want this pistol.  What do you intend to do with it?  I dont really see this out classing a 2011 in limited.  I do see it as another option which is kinda cool but man, there's a HUGE uphill battle there considering how effective the 2011 is at this point.  I see the bonus in this pistol as being its mags that wont require tuning.

For the compact variant, its not my cup of tea as i dont prefer to carry steel firearms.  Perhaps there will be an alloy frame down the road but for now, we are going with what we know in that its a steel frame.  So, once again, im not sure what the point of the compact pistol will be.  If YOU like to carry steel guns, rock on brothers but the real question that I have is does DW think that there's enough market demand for an oddball non 1911 steel carry gun??

I love new firearms and im glad to see this come, im just scratching my head slightly.

I don't have a dedicated Limited gun at this time so I am open to options. 

I shoot single stack and like the upper ergos and SA trigger of a 19/2011. But I also shoot an SP01 in production and prefer that style grip (yes a TS/TSO grip fits me very well) so this is appears to be ideal combination. With lower mag prices that can hit 20-21 at major PF in a legal length and a vastly lower overall price getting into a Limited gun as compared to a 2011 is very appealing to me.