Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello from VA

Rigidman

New here. wanted to say hey and see if I can pick your brains a bit. I used to have a CZ 75 back in the late 80s, early 90s. Like an idiot I sold it. Now trying to get it back. I like the new CZ SP 01 but until I can get that kind of money,  I'll have to settle for a clone. Been leaning towards the Tristar P120. But I came across the EAA Tanfoglio Witness in .40 s&w. Prefer it over 9mm. My research has shown it has issues with cracks. Cracks in the slide and cracks in the frame. I was told because the one I'm not interested in was made in 2017 that it won't have any issues. I'm buying it used so no warranty. It could wind up costing me money. So are they being honest or are there still issues? I've read some other posts about the cracks but they're nearly 2 years old and the weapons were manufactured several years earlier than 2017. But there is also an issue with Turkey so the Tristar and parts may become non gratis. Thought about the Jericho 941 or a Uzi Eagle as well but in used or surplus condition. So what's your advice? Thanks.

Edited by Rigidman
Spelling

I got about $400. Looking at cz clones. The cz I want is over $600. Currently I have 2 Remingtons. A 7mm mag. And a.308. 2 shotguns, one riflled slug gun, the other is a regular shotgun. Both Mossbergs. My pistols are a Yugo Tokarev 7.62x25. Then a Taurus TH40 in .40 s&w. So now I'm looking for a cz or a clone. Next I'm getting a 1911 .45. Later

Edited by Rigidman

Welcome to the forum! I don't think the CZ's were being imported in the late 80's/early 90's...The Springfield P9's were the clones coming from Tanfoglio at that time. You can still find the Springer P9's around at really good prices (I have 2 of them in 40). Look on GunBroker for them.