Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carne custom

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Carne said:

I don’t go on here to often anymore but I think we talked earlier today on the phone.

hopefully I answered all your questions 

Yes sir I hate a the questions but I want be right on what I get. U seem like a class act. Thanks mark

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2019 at 3:07 PM, tha1000 said:

His guns are gorgeous in pictures.  Never seen one in person.

I've seen quite a few in person, beautiful pistols!  However, some of the shooters that love the platform have informed me that had to modify the gun a bit by having a better custom trigger job done, and some other minor things done to make them run better.  Mark, is an awesome guy.  He does make some amazing beautiful custom made pistols plus he's a local too.  I do believe he's also a GM and shoots competitively.  Personally, I don''t think you can't go wrong with Mark/Carne build you a custom platform.  However, like anything thats custom build sometimes the "few" want more than what they paid for... I guess you can' t please everyone! 

2 hours ago, chgofirefighter said:

I've seen quite a few in person, beautiful pistols!  However, some of the shooters that love the platform have informed me that had to modify the gun a bit by having a better custom trigger job done, and some other minor things done to make them run better.  Mark, is an awesome guy.  He does make some amazing beautiful custom made pistols plus he's a local too.  I do believe he's also a GM and shoots competitively.  Personally, I don''t think you can't go wrong with Mark/Carne build you a custom platform.  However, like anything thats custom build sometimes the "few" want more than what they paid for... I guess you can' t please everyone! 

These are very small things that every shooter who uses a gun at this level should fix it for himself.😉

5 hours ago, tha1000 said:

meh. At custom gun prices, it better be ready to go and run flawlessly,imo. 

I agree with Thomas. If you are doing a full custom build it should not have to be tweaked. Either you know how to do a custom trigger job or you don’t. 

12 hours ago, chgofirefighter said:

56 minutes ago, Posvar said:

I agree with Thomas. If you are doing a full custom build it should not have to be tweaked. Either you know how to do a custom trigger job or you don’t. 

And vague third or fourth hand criticisms have what value? 

As Yigal said minor tweaks to trigger feel are very common at high levels of shooting, too much take up, not enough take up, too much overtravel, not enough overtravel, too light, too heavy, etc....  A good question would be, did the gunsmith make the adjustments requested, did the shooter even make the request or did they just make the adjustments themselves and then complain about it or did they just mention they made the adjustment, no big deal.

Before making judgements about a gunsmith, direct reports from several customers would be good.  One has already posted with positive comments.

I didn’t make any judgement about the gunsmith in question. I said his guns are gorgeous.  What I said was that if I am spending custom gun money, I expect it to have a great trigger and work flawlessly without further tweaking.  I don’t care who built it.