Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Match video editing

Malarky112

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I don't currently have any good way of editing my videos where they actually really help improvement. I would like to find a way to overlay them like they do on "super grand champ" YouTube channel. I feel like that would really help, especially when you have time to run the stage multiple time and see where you can improve. 

• 4 months later...

I use a GoPro Hero 2 on a hat mount when at the match. For editing, I import the video into Davinci Resolve (the free version). I also use Resolve for my other YouTube channel videos (gear, rules explanations, etc)

• 5 months later...

Power Director. 

Whatever you get, just learn it as much as you can. So many programs out there and once I get used to a certain system, I find it gets easier, just takes time. As a CNC Machinist I used Mastercam since the 90's and once switched over to one of their newer versions. It was clunky and I gave a good year to learn. Could get it to work, but found the older MC program a breeze. Ditched the new and back to the old. 

Find one that works for you and above all get your volumes correct. Too often videos posted have volume levels set too low for voices and too high for background.