Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ P01 - Pre-Ban Magazine Availability

Chris777

Hey Everyone,

I am thinking about picking up a CZ P01 for my new EDC.  I live in a 10 round mag restricted state, so the standard 15 round P01 mag is a no go for carry.  I am trying to locate a vendor or source where I could buy a pre-ban 75 magazine.  it may be a bit long in the P01, but will fit and give me the extra rounds that my M&P cannot.  

Can anyone point me to a vendor that may have "pre-ban" CZ 75 magazines?  You can DM me as well if you do not want to list the source.  I know there are no date stamps/marking on CZ mags so if there are other tells that make something pre or post ban (# rounds in mag, etc.) please let me know.

Thanks..

And I know I should move to a free state, but thats not an option for a few more years...

21 minutes ago, Chris777 said:

so if there are other tells that make something pre or post ban (# rounds in mag, etc.) please let me know.

The pre-B mags, meaning before the 75B designation, have a matte black follower with a smooth transition to the slide stop pad. They have three witness holes on the left side of the magazine (when loaded, muzzle forward) and one witness hole at the bottom on the right side. There's a rolled dimple rising vertically from the base plate on each side that guides the spring and prevents the follower from moving too deep. They hold 15 rounds and are generally matte blue or possibly parkerized.

Sorry that I don't know a source for them. I sold all of mine to some guy in New Jersey years ago.

I believe you could put the SP-01 19rd base pad on the pre-B mags and get a flush fit with the bottom of the grip.

Edited by belus

2 hours ago, belus said:

The pre-B mags have a matte black follower with a smooth transition to the slide stop pad. They have three witness holes on the left side of the magazine 

I wonder how many police officers in "mag restricted states" know that ?

3 hours ago, belus said:

The pre-B mags, meaning before the 75B designation, have a matte black follower with a smooth transition to the slide stop pad. They have three witness holes on the left side of the magazine (when loaded, muzzle forward) and one witness hole at the bottom on the right side. There's a rolled dimple rising vertically from the base plate on each side that guides the spring and prevents the follower from moving too deep. They hold 15 rounds and are generally matte blue or possibly parkerized.

Sorry that I don't know a source for them. I sold all of mine to some guy in New Jersey years ago.

I believe you could put the SP-01 19rd base pad on the pre-B mags and get a flush fit with the bottom of the grip.

Thanks for the info.  I will keep an eye out for these...