Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sport Pistol Load Data

GregJ

Thought I would share my load data from recent work up.  Switching from Zero 124/Win231 to BBI 125/Sport Pistol.  

CZ Shadow 2, BBI 125 RN @ 1.100   Chrono was Caldwell G2 with BT app (love this chrono), powder drops via RSBS ChargeMaster 1500 (unreliable), or via Ammo Bot driven Dillon 1050.

Typical caveats apply, use with caution and at your own risk.

The non-shaded rows were powder drops from my RCBS ChargeMaster 1500.  I soon found that the weights of the powder dropped via the CM were very questionable and unreliable - so I would take those with a grain of salt.  The shaded rows were from my AB driven 1050.  Powder measure was adjusted until I could get 10 drops to weigh the desired amount (e.g. 3.8 gr drop x 10 drops = 38.0gr), then a short loading session was run and 10 rounds were pulled from the middle of the run. This turned out to have much more reliable results, though a PITA to do. 

For my setup, I will be going with 3.8gr. 

Hope this info proves useful for some.  :cheers:

LoadData.JPG

1 hour ago, GMP said:

I also find 3.8g Sport Pistol  the sweet spot with 125g Precisions @ 1.120" in my Shadow 2. 

Curious, how did you arrive to 1.120 ? 

Mine plunk tests fine at 1.2, but hangs in EGW gauge due to bullet profile.  1.100 seemed to be a good compromise.

6 hours ago, GregJ said:

Curious, how did you arrive to 1.120 ? 

Mine plunk tests fine at 1.2, but hangs in EGW gauge due to bullet profile.  1.100 seemed to be a good compromise.

These are the new profile Precision Bullets flat points.  They plunk all the way out at 1.150 in my CZ S2.  I like a bit more bullet in the case for best accuracy, so,load at 1.120".  The 147s I load at 1.140".  I use my CZ barrels for QC not a gauge.   Zero failures.

Edited by GMP