Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any experience with the PMM JTTC compensators?

ClangClang

Thinking about making an "Open minor" gun for outlaw matches with a P320 and the JTTC Compensator kit from Parker Mountain Machine.  Anyone tried the kits out yet?  You have the option of getting a single port comp (which uses a Compact slide) or a double chamber which uses the Subcompact slide.  I've only been able to find a smattering of match videos on youtube, but no real discussion of results.

I've spoken to PMM and gotten their take on it but I'm curious to hear from users. Any reliability issues?  With the comp, is it worth upgrading to a 1911 style guide rod so you can tune better? Their testing shows how effective it is in a Ransom Rest, but what's it like under real world uses when being shot by hand?

fj9loFZl.jpg

Edited by ClangClang

I've got their dual port comp setup in a x5 legion frame but haven't shot it much unfortunately. I've only run 147 Speer lawmen through it so far and haven't had any issues with the factory subcompact RSA. It shoots pretty flat and I've been happy with it so far. 

I actually shot a match this summer where Jarrod from PMM was using one of those. Looked like a fun gun. I chatted with him very briefly about it and he said it was a blast to shoot, and he puts a ton of rounds through it.It looked like it shot nice and flat (not sure which type of ammo, probably factory 124gr FMJ?).

Edited by thormx538

• 2 months later...

Anyone have any opinions of how loud something like this would be with minor reloads, say 125gr around 125pf with a faster powder like CSB1.  I assume it would not be anywhere near as loud as a typical open major blaster, but would it be considerably louder than a typical non comped 9mm?

It is noticeably louder than a non comped pistol outdoors but not much more than other smaller comped pistols.  IMO, it's not that bad outdoors. Indoors is a different story though. The PMM dual port is by far the loudest pistol comp I've shot indoors. I've never shot an open gun though so take that for what it's worth.