Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recommended Posts

Looked at stages today. Every target has either a t shirt or a faux chest plate hard cover.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like a reasonable COF selection to me if you want to run an all PCC match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rowdy you got any pics of this? I’m always looking for new ways to present target arrays 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do have a few pics. But they are kinda crap haha. And I think most the stages are same same exactly between pcc and pistol match other than the warm ups.

 

Btw, I was 7th overall for pcc nats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw both in person. They couldn't physically do the prone shooting on a stage and just stood and shot.

 

It was also a super retarded stage to be brutally honest. Lika few of them are just super super dumb.

Edited by rowdyb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

I saw both in person. They couldn't physically do the prone shooting on a stage and just stood and shot.

 

It was also a super retarded stage to be brutally honest. Lika few of them are just super super dumb.

Interesting only 93 people signed up and had 6 DQs. 

 

Also, whats up with that SS guy beating the Ms? lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Dutchman195 said:

Interesting only 93 people signed up and had 6 DQs. 

 

Also, whats up with that SS guy beating the Ms? lol

Walther doesn't make a pcc...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 6:19 AM, rowdyb said:

I saw both in person. They couldn't physically do the prone shooting on a stage and just stood and shot.

 

It was also a super retarded stage to be brutally honest. Lika few of them are just super super dumb.

 

IDPA's requirements for "permanently disabled" shooters are absurd.  USPSA's "penalty in lieu of performance" is the way to go.

But how can you not be able to shoot prone?  I can fall down and shoot, and have done so instead of kneeling on sore knees.  It's just getting up that is the problem; which may not be on the clock anyhow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jim Watson said:

 

IDPA's requirements for "permanently disabled" shooters are absurd.  USPSA's "penalty in lieu of performance" is the way to go.

But how can you not be able to shoot prone?  I can fall down and shoot, and have done so instead of kneeling on sore knees.  It's just getting up that is the problem; which may not be on the clock anyhow.

I saw the stage in a video, it looked like you had to go prone and shoot through a "port" about 1' tall and it appeared you could not spread out side to side I am assuming for cover reasons, so if you can't tip your head back very far not being able to shoot in that position is very realistic, I have several shooters locally that have bad necks and have had an ear full about such positions

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the pcc match one stage was prone on strong side, the other was prone on weak side. You could not be flat on your belly like normal prone or procedural. Shoot over the top and ftdr. The stick we shot under was about 10" off the ground. And yes, you also could not get any lateral movement due to the limitations of the cover lines.

 

Picture yourself standing, put the pcc on the top of your shoulder and then take aim straight into the sky. Now do that on your side and shoot. That was how most people ended up.

 

Let alone the utter BS of shooting targets where the SO called your hits (silently!!!!) on a non reactive, non restoreable target and you had no idea your score until you stood up. Extremely poor.

 

For some people taking the ftdr or the pe was much better score than struggling to do it right. Which means the stage is even more dumb, if a ftdr yields you a better score....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, rowdyb said:

In the pcc match one stage was prone on strong side, the other was prone on weak side. You could not be flat on your belly like normal prone or procedural. Shoot over the top and ftdr. The stick we shot under was about 10" off the ground. And yes, you also could not get any lateral movement due to the limitations of the cover lines.

 

Picture yourself standing, put the pcc on the top of your shoulder and then take aim straight into the sky. Now do that on your side and shoot. That was how most people ended up.

 

Let alone the utter BS of shooting targets where the SO called your hits (silently!!!!) on a non reactive, non restoreable target and you had no idea your score until you stood up. Extremely poor.

 

For some people taking the ftdr or the pe was much better score than struggling to do it right. Which means the stage is even more dumb, if a ftdr yields you a better score....

 

...and this was a "national" match?  Wow.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"World"

 

I can see where a PE can be preferable to some of the contortions required to shoot through holes, but if there is a position that takes more than 20 seconds so you are better off with a FTDR, that is a bad stage.

 

There was a prone stage there last year that was a real struggle, too.  The CoF writer obviously has a hangup.

Edited by Jim Watson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...