Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Took the plunge into Dillon coming from Lee, Hornady, and RCBS singles and progressives

First off, wish my internet searches prior to purchase would have included this site! Tons of info that appears real. Reloaded close to 30k rounds on other presses before I took a few years off - switching to Dillon hits the wallet hard and I realize small and large primers ups the cost even more - few questions to minimize frustration and having a press idle as I wait for parts. 

But as any FNG with less sense than time I must ask, did I miss something on my purchase? Intent is to run .223 REM and 9mm Luger to start, then eventually get to my .45ACP. I single stage my .308 right now for my bolt action and get great (OUTSTANDING) groups when I do my part - I imagine the s1050 could replicate that if I get her dialed in - or close enough that I may have to get a rifle that unloads those rounds faster.

All my .223 is lake city with the crimped primer pocket, hence the S1050

Most of my .308 is also lake city with a crimp

9mm - just got into the pinking round, dont have brass yet, but I have a tool that will unload it quickly so I gotta load this round now.

Did I miss anything for 223 and 9mm?

S1050 in .223 carbide

powder check alarm

bullet tray (wish they would throw that in...)

S1050 Caliber Conversion Kit 9mm

Dillion 9mm Dies

Small Pistol Casefeed plate

Powder Funnel 9mm

Decapping pistol pins 10pk

.223 Spare Decap Assembly and extra pin

And might of accidentally gotten a RF100 in Small Primer (but let us not tell the wife of that just yet).

Is there anything glaring that I missed? Yes eventually I will get extra tool heads, and the trimmer, currently I do trimming on a wilson trimmer, its boring, but gives the old mind a rest and lets me have a drink while I tap away.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to some advice. 

Edited by Bull0369

I think you have a good start on it. Assuming you have all the accessories from your singles(measuring stuff/case gauges etc)

I would pick up a second tool head just to save you some time. Other than that I would get a roller handle and an on press light

Just set up and ran a small batch of 223Rem... Wow, what a difference from a Lock N Load. Is there a tip for getting the tool set and the projectile tray on together? As it looks the brackets are one or the other, if the ammo tray had the extension on the back it would be AMAZING.

• 2 weeks later...
On October 23, 2019 at 10:54 PM, Bull0369 said:

Just set up and ran a small batch of 223Rem... Wow, what a difference from a Lock N Load. Is there a tip for getting the tool set and the projectile tray on together? As it looks the brackets are one or the other, if the ammo tray had the extension on the back it would be AMAZING.

What happened to the LNL AP you had? A friend is looking for one.

6 hours ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

You need a chronograph.     :) 

I have one

8 hours ago, Alkyshooter said:

What happened to the LNL AP you had? A friend is looking for one.

I have it - if you are looking for one, it needs a drop tube for the powder feeder - no clue where it is. IT has 45 223 dies and shell plates. Prolly could let it go for a good price. PM me or quote me and Ill get a ping.