Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hiperfire Eclipse Ambi safety options???

I recently bought a strike Industries strike switch and it is definitely not compatible with  the hiperfire trigger in my Sig MPX. Does anyone know if the Radian Talon ambi will work with this setup? I know alot of 90 degree throws work but I would definitely prefer a 45 or 60 degree if possible.

Edited by Badger663
Spelling

This is from the FAQ's on Hiperfire's website

Safety/Selectors: HIPERFIRE® knows of six safety selectors that will not work with HIPERTOUCH® 24 series triggers:

1. Seekins Precision Ambi Safety (60 and 90 deg throws)
  2. V SEVEN HYBRID 3 GUN/SPORT SELECTORS
  3. Elftmann Slide Safety Selector
  4. Talon Ambidextrous 45/90 Safety Selector – Tungsten Grey 2 Lever
  5. BAD-CASS or BAD-ASS Short Throw Safety Selector
  6. KE Arms Ambi Safety Selector (45/90 deg throws)

HIPERTOUCH® 24 Series Triggers

The frame component of the HIPERTOUCH® 24 FCG that provides the toggle spring system support is designed to ride on the barrel of semi-auto or “MIL-spec” safety/selectors (not full-auto). This permits normal functional rotation of the safety/selector. An aside: when the FCGs are first installed, some users will notice a little grit during rotation, which is a function of the surface finish on the safety/selector barrel. With a few cycles it will smooth out as the frame and safety/selector self polish.

The ambi safeties listed above do not have a large contiguous cylindrical barrel surface like the stock version; two or more channels or a small diameter barrel have been cut into them that accepts the rear of the trigger when pulled into over travel. The toggle spring frame drops into these channels, which not only relieves necessary compression of the toggle springs but may also prevent free rotation of the safety/selector or even cause rotation of the selector during repeat fire as in the number two case above.

HIPERTOUCH® EDT Series Trigger

The Seekins works in 60 deg throw mode in SAFE and FIRE w/o issue. However, in 90 deg throw mode, the trigger will rotate enough to release the hammer. This is because the trigger tail is shorter than MIL/stock triggers and can move up into the exposed Seekins SS slot just enough to release the hammer when pulled.

Other Ambi Controls: The ambi bolt catch on S&W M&P10s interferes with free rotation of HIPERTOUCH® 24 series triggers. Users have simply removed the ambi control and restored proper function of the 24 series FCG. Some safety selectors, such as the JP Adjustable/Reversible Safety Selector, have adjustable set screws and locking screws that eliminate sear/trigger travel.  HIPERFIRE® recommends you review the selector manufacturer’s installation instructions to ensure proper selector function.

I have had a seekins 60 degree in my MPX with eclipse trigger for a long time now. It had been working fine for a year or more before I found out it wouldn't work. LOL

I see in the above info the seekins is only a problem in the 90 set up

Edited by Chillywig
1 hour ago, jualdeaux said:

Doesn't the Hiperswitch have plastic switches? Does that bother anyone?

It doesn't bother me at all. In 3 gun where I have to flip the safety on and off on the clock in sometimes awkward positions the selector matters more to me.  

In PCC I have my thumb resting on the selector and I don't have to thumb the safety on while the timer is running. It just doesn't seem as important for USPSA. 

On 10/20/2019 at 9:41 PM, Badger663 said:

I recently bought a strike Industries strike switch and it is definitely not compatible with  the hiperfire trigger in my Sig MPX. Does anyone know if the Radian Talon ambi will work with this setup? I know alot of 90 degree throws work but I would definitely prefer a 45 or 60 degree if possible.

I run a Radian Talon ambi at 45° with an Eclipse and it runs 100%. It’s in a Quarter Circle AR-9 lower, though. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried many different combos.

The Hiperswitches are cheap molded plastic. The edges are hard. When I went to sand the weak-side down to clear my grip, I found a large void in it. No confidence, junk product IMO. I tried Timber Creek, generic ambis, Strike Ind, etc.

The Odin Works paddle jobber is what I settled on. Adjustable, had paddles, works well. Only downside is price. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/6/2019 at 8:30 AM, Acer2428 said:

I have tried many different combos.

The Hiperswitches are cheap molded plastic. The edges are hard. When I went to sand the weak-side down to clear my grip, I found a large void in it. No confidence, junk product IMO. I tried Timber Creek, generic ambis, Strike Ind, etc.

The Odin Works paddle jobber is what I settled on. Adjustable, had paddles, works well. Only downside is price. 

Is that the Ambi Modular Safety (AMS)? . That's what I have on order and trying to figure out if its compatible with the 24c