Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
apetrulis01

Surefire Socom Muzzle brake or Lantac Dragon

Doing a rifle build and i want to choose between these two. It is for work so i can get the muzzle mitigation devices for either. That being said, which muzzle brake does a better job. I have shot both and like both just can't remember if one was really better than the other. 

- Surefire Socom or Lantac Dragon. 

If it was for work, I’d get a Surefire Warcomp. I’m assuming you’ll be shooting next to guys and/or indoors and a full on brake will be obnoxious. 

1 hour ago, Honeybooboo said:

If it was for work, I’d get a Surefire Warcomp. I’m assuming you’ll be shooting next to guys and/or indoors and a full on brake will be obnoxious. 

I have had a surefire warcomp, I don't like it because it has too much downward pressure. 

I ran a Lantac Dragon for a good while, and didn't like it.  No matter what I did to it, there was always a lot of movement.  Switched to a Miculek brake and love it.  Haven't looked back.

Surefire for the win...I have friends that have ran that comp for years.  It does a good job and its not obnoxious like a SJC or Thunder comp.  Surefire is the better option for what your looking for IMO

I've tried the dragon,  seemed like the gun was over comped,  would push the muzzle dramatically down and to the right.  I like the PS M472 , works awesome, only thing is the blast/gas hits the shooter right in the face,  just switched back to JM on my 16.5 and keeping the the other M472 on my 18 inch. 

JG

On 10/20/2019 at 4:59 PM, apetrulis01 said:

I have had a surefire warcomp, I don't like it because it has too much downward pressure. 

If you didn’t like the warcomp because it pushed your muzzle down; you will LOATHE the dragon. 

I took it off of my rifle in a week when I got one.

Sounds like you don’t need to mount a can, I’d look into the Precision Armament AFAB or EFAB. It’s not nearly as concussive as a 2/3 port break, but very effective. I used an afab for a while in competition, very stable muzzle device.

I use a closed tine Warcomp on my work 11.5” BCM SBR. No issues with it as it does what I want. Suppresses flash well and I don’t feel any excessive downward force. 

I have the lantac on my 10.5 Daniel defense pistol. Seems to help keep pistol on target better for me. Although, you better have some really good heading protection if you go this route. It is by far the loudest fireman I own to shoot. I got the lantac that has the threads for my suppressed so I usually just put the suppressor on it to shoot.