Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

D/A trigger pull reduction Optic Ready CZ Shadow 2


CZFanGrrl
 Share

Recommended Posts

Ask anyone, I love my CZ Shadow 2’s, but that 10+ D/A trigger pull was off the Wheeler Trigger Pull Scale, what’s with that?  Polishing and spring changes brought it down to a respectable sub 5.4lbs and about a 25% reduction in the S/A as well.  Totally worth doing and will tackle my practice/range OR S2 At some point as well.  Also, what’s with the pot metal that’s being used for the ridiculously overpriced torx bolts being used to hold the grips, mag release and optic plates on?   Part of a playlist 1/12.......................................................................................................................⬇️

 

 

 

Edited by CZFanGrrl
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for sharing your experience here and on YouTube.

My S2OR has arrived with a slightly gritty trigger pull, which is something I've experienced in other S2s. Other than that I was also surprised that CZ doesn't provide adapter plates in the box - perhaps they know that the people who buy these guns are already CZ fanatics who will forgive them.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Lior said:

Thanks for sharing your experience here and on YouTube.

My S2OR has arrived with a slightly gritty trigger pull, which is something I've experienced in other S2s. Other than that I was also surprised that CZ doesn't provide adapter plates in the box - perhaps they know that the people who buy these guns are already CZ fanatics who will forgive them.

 

My pleasure and thank you for posting!

 

Hahah, close but not quite on the optic plate.  Each optic manufacturer has a different hole pattern in their optic base.  Vortex Venom, Viper and Burris Doctor use one, Leupold has it’s own, Trijicon has it’s own.  There’s might be another as well.  CZC came out with a multioptic base, but next to impossible to find in Canada.  I think Select Shooting Supplies was carrying them for a time but sold out.  So CZ would have needed to drill a bunch more holes in the slide, probably not a good thing, or provide an optic plate from CZC, which also has a ton of holes drilled into it.  I’m thinking all those holes would weaken the plate.  Anyways.

 

Yeah, I forgive CZ pretty much for anything.  I had to warranty one of my non-optic S2’s for a cracked frame and they were golden, I got a new handgun sent to me by Wolverine Supply.  The OR won’t run into the frame crack issue because they milled some cuts outs to prevent that.

 

Are you thinking of doing a trigger job on your S2?  None of mine (I’ve had four now and still own two) came with a gritty trigger.  But the trigger job sure does make it feel buttery smooth, it’s unreal.  

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With an 11 lb mainspring and weaker firing pin spring I got the DA pull down to 5.5 lbs without any polishing on two earlier S2s that I had (earlier series with the crackable frame). Those were the ones I broke red dots on due to a weak recoil spring sans buffer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/22/2019 at 8:37 PM, Lior said:

With an 11 lb mainspring and weaker firing pin spring I got the DA pull down to 5.5 lbs without any polishing on two earlier S2s that I had (earlier series with the crackable frame). Those were the ones I broke red dots on due to a weak recoil spring sans buffer.

When I put the 11lb spring in, i immediately added 2 to 2.5lbs.  What lb recoil spring did you use?   I’ve got an 11 and a 10lb coming.  I’m thinking of making myself some alumna-buffs, rather than use the rubber buffs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Matt1 said:

- 10lb main (from Sebo) or use the CGW 11.5lb

- Lightened FPS (from Sebo) and for added insurance use an ext FP

- 9lb recoil (from Sebo), possibly 10lb if using a dot


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Matt1.   That’s the same as I’m running with the exception of the Main spring @ 8.5lb.  I’ve got an 11 and a 10 pound recoil spring coming which I’m going to try both to see which I like better.  Did you have to do any modifications to your reloads using this set up?  I know a lower powder charge will make the slide cycle slower as well.  Currently running 231 3.5gn with 147 Campro RNFP and that gives me 130’ish PF and cycles the stock S2 well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/24/2019 at 8:14 AM, CZFanGrrl said:

When I put the 11lb spring in, i immediately added 2 to 2.5lbs.  What lb recoil spring did you use?   I’ve got an 11 and a 10lb coming.  I’m thinking of making myself some alumna-buffs, rather than use the rubber buffs.

This was a 9 lb spring from Cesar. Am sticking to factory recoil spring for my new S2OR.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Lior said:

This was a 9 lb spring from Cesar. Am sticking to factory recoil spring for my new S2OR.

Cool, thanks!  I’ve gone with the 10lb Recoil spring and I’m really liking it (and it works well with my loads).  The stock recoil spring, especially with a low round count through it, can be challenging to rack the slide, but with the 10lber in place I find it a lot easier and no longer need to do a contorted overhand rack.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...