Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Does an SCSA Upload Ignore Unofficial Divisions

RickT

If a club adds an unofficial division, let's say centerfire low ready, do these scores simply get ignored when the match is uploaded to SCSA?  I believe this is the case for non-santioned stages.  I'm not personally interested, but I'm sure there are folks who occasionally would bring out a CF gun for which they didn't have a holster or to shoot alongside their normal CF handgun.

4 hours ago, Abflyboy said:

It doesn't get uploaded to SCSA as it would no longer be a sanctioned Steel Challenge event.

Not necessarily doubting the veracity, but what about events that only have, let's say, four official stages and two wildcat stages.  Can these events be sanctioned.  Seems likely the MD/Scores "Manager" would just delete the unofficial stages prior to upload to PS?  Of course the same approach would apply in the case of deleting entries in unofficial divisions prior to upload.

Not necessarily doubting the veracity, but what about events that only have, let's say, four official stages and two wildcat stages.  Can these events be sanctioned.  Seems likely the MD/Scores "Manager" would just delete the unofficial stages prior to upload to PS?  Of course the same approach would apply in the case of deleting entries in unofficial divisions prior to upload.

Two different issues. Technically the club should not permit unofficial divisions. If the competitor is not a member then assign to normal division and upload. If the competitor is a member then they should adhere to the rules and only shoot official divisions.

For fun stages don’t delete them. That will screw up final results of you do. Stages that do not have an official classifier code entered (SC-10x) will be treated as unofficial stage and ignored for classification purposes. Our club routinely runs 5 official and 1 fun stage.