Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP Drop in or AR gold

Blurryvisions

I had to search to the ends of internet to find some people that tested the weight. JP doesn't publish it anywhere that I could find, I'm guessing they know that no one will be that eager to spend $300 on a relatively heavy trigger.

On 10/18/2019 at 10:59 PM, TonytheTiger said:

I had to search to the ends of internet to find some people that tested the weight. JP doesn't publish it anywhere that I could find, I'm guessing they know that no one will be that eager to spend $300 on a relatively heavy trigger.

Im a sponsored shooter from JP so I will have to get one of these and do a review on here for it.  I think the only thing I will have to compare it to is going to be the AR gold and a hyperfire... I will call them tomorrow and get it going.  more to come 

On 10/19/2019 at 8:15 AM, 12glocks said:

I think I am going AR Gold moving forward.  We bought one used from a friend who said he can outrun the AR Gold but that is the first I heard of that.

you can't go wrong with the AR gold thats for sure.  I have seen plenty of people outrun the AR gold but not on the clock if you will.  I am pretty sure John Mclain runs sub 10 spits with his gold on the clock so i wouldn't worry to much about outrunning the trigger.  that really has more to do with the bolt cycle speed then the trigger.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a general question for you guys with AR Golds - does your trigger shoe have some side to side wobble? I bought a flat AR gold a year or so ago And the shoe (not the cartridge) kinda could rattle around, felt like bad build quality for a $300 trigger, is it normal on yours? I wound up returning it and going with something else bc there was a strange issue with it in my rifle as well as the wobbly shoe. Wondering if it was just a dud unit, and ATC didn’t return my emails. 

Wow. I just dropped this in my rifle about 3 days ago! Lol I haven’t had the chance to shoot it yet. (Headed to the range probably tomorrow ) but I will give you feed back once I do. Just dryfiring it feels AWEXOME! I had a Timney in it, which is a great trigger, but my buddy won this as a door prize and didn’t want it. This trigger has zero creep in it. I don’t have a trigger gauge but if I had to guess it’s 1.5 pounds to set this off. 

im working up some loads for this rifle for 3G and will give you a report back by the end of the weekend 

5 hours ago, nikdanja said:

Wow. I just dropped this in my rifle about 3 days ago! Lol I haven’t had the chance to shoot it yet. (Headed to the range probably tomorrow ) but I will give you feed back once I do. Just dryfiring it feels AWEXOME! I had a Timney in it, which is a great trigger, but my buddy won this as a door prize and didn’t want it. This trigger has zero creep in it. I don’t have a trigger gauge but if I had to guess it’s 1.5 pounds to set this off. 

im working up some loads for this rifle for 3G and will give you a report back by the end of the weekend 

Which trigger are you describing? I know its not the Timney, but is it the AR Gold or the JP drop in?

Thanks,

Mark