On 10/18/2019 at 11:15 AM, Dutchman195 said:

Single Stack the rules are the same except for
Major, 8rnds in mag

Minor, 10 roudns in mag

That being said:

Gucci: Infinity

Louis V: Atlas

Mens Warehouse: STI Trojan

Macys: Dan Wesson Pointman (9 or 45, pick your poison)

Kohls Clearance Rack: Springfeild RO

Edit:
Probably looking at, screwing with the leaf spring to adjust the trigger, Adding a magwell, and buying extra mags

Nice Analogy!

I gave my 45 to a friend.  I only shoot 40 and 9 in my single stacks.  

Depending on the match, 9 mm minor can be advantageous, e.g., matches with lots of hard cover, swinging steel at 18+ yrds, stages with less than 8 rounds per view (lots of reloads), heavy on 32 round stages with more than 5 views.

having shot SS, if i were to start over I would go 9mm and not look back because stages (especially at the level 2 and higher) are set up to shoot 1st of 8th shot on steel in a position meaning unless you are 1:1 on steel (nearly all the time) the extra rounds are an advantage.   Local (level 1 matches) see to be set up for production (10 rounds and reload) and screw up stage plans limited to 8 rounds.  Id say the advantage is 70:30 in favor of 9mm / 10 rounds.

• 5 months later...

I have a Springfield TRP. It’s certainly match grade, the trigger is just about perfect. I’m not the best shooter in the world but it’s accurate! 
but, I not only reload- but cast my own bullets, which makes my ammo costs very low indeed.  Not much else to do during the lockdown 😒

On 10/30/2019 at 10:39 AM, Climbhard said:

having shot SS, if i were to start over I would go 9mm and not look back because stages (especially at the level 2 and higher) are set up to shoot 1st of 8th shot on steel in a position meaning unless you are 1:1 on steel (nearly all the time) the extra rounds are an advantage.   Local (level 1 matches) see to be set up for production (10 rounds and reload) and screw up stage plans limited to 8 rounds.  Id say the advantage is 70:30 in favor of 9mm / 10 rounds.

100% agree.  Get a PM9 or a SA Range Officer (I shoot a PM9, and used to shoot a Range officer-I am gonna sell my Range Officer to get another PM9) i use metalform mags with Dawson ICE No gap Mag well.  

• 4 weeks later...

As a dedicated SS shooter 9mm for almost everything.  Ill bring out the 45 every now and then for something like a supper classifier or a match I know will have very little steel.  Also it helps a lot to know what the stage builder shoots (area 3 build is by two open shooters) 9MM all the way.