Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
Silverscooby27

What is the hot magazine setup for Shadow 2 in carry optics?

I run mecgar mags with TTI base pads and grams springs and followers and can get 23 rounds in my tube.

I would say either TTI or Henning base pads are the way to go, they are easy to remove with no tools to clean the mags if needed.

MecGar hard chrome 17 rnd mags, with CZC basebpad, follower and spring.  A little tweaking on the follower and I get 23+1 reloadable. 

How easily do the Hennings come off for cleaning? Wondering if sliding the TTI's off will end up tweaking a mag spring etc.  Just setup nickel 17rd mags with TTI basepads

9 minutes ago, nickforney said:

can someone go over the tweaking to get 23 out of tti with grams guts?

I didn’t have to tweak anything to get 23, just used the mecgar 17 round mags and TTI pads and grams guts should get you 23 without any tweaking needed.

I run mecgar mags with TTI base pads and grams springs and followers.  this was recommended to me by a friend, I use TTI basepads on my 2011 stuff as well as Grams guts.  you cant go wrong with those in the magazine.  all you gotta do after that is make sure your feed lips are gtg

22 hours ago, mveto said:

I didn’t have to tweak anything to get 23, just used the mecgar 17 round mags and TTI pads and grams guts should get you 23 without any tweaking needed.

Odd I have 5 of them I can fit a 23rd round in it but it doesn't like to seat on a closed slide and some nose dive when closing slide on them.  I stick with 22 in the mag and haven't

had an issue.

I get 23 reloadable into CZ factory mag bodies with Grams followers kit and Taran Butler extended base pads.

Question: did anyone else have to sand the sides of the followers down a bit before the follower would go all the way to the top of the magazine? Mine were all a bit too wide.

Edited by Team Amish 1

On 10/19/2019 at 6:57 PM, nickforney said:

Odd I have 5 of them I can fit a 23rd round in it but it doesn't like to seat on a closed slide and some nose dive when closing slide on them.  I stick with 22 in the mag and haven't

had an issue.

My experience too. I've Henning, CZC, and Springer pads and I can get 23 in but I've had enough functioning issues to stay away from 23.

I like the mecgar with CZC basepads bc they are a tool-less solution. TTI and Springer both require tools. Use the CZC springs followers for max rounds.

On 10/26/2019 at 7:02 PM, hurley326 said:

I like the mecgar with CZC basepads bc they are a tool-less solution. TTI and Springer both require tools. Use the CZC springs followers for max rounds.

On 10/29/2019 at 4:47 AM, Superkaratemonkeyfighter said:

Czc pads / followers and springs work great 

Which CZ spring kits are you using? I see 10 and 13 coil. Thanks

Which CZ spring kits are you using? I see 10 and 13 coil. Thanks

10 coil. The 13 coil are for 170mm mags for Open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, hurley326 said:

10 coil. The 13 coil are for 170mm mags for Open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 10/18/2019 at 9:12 PM, nickforney said:

can someone go over the tweaking to get 23 out of tti with grams guts?

This is why CZ shooters love shooting our guns.

You take out the old base pad, spring and follower. Put them somewhere, it doesn't really matter where. Put your new follower in the tube, then spring and finally put on the new base pad. The order does matter as you want the follower in contact with the bullets. Once everything is put back together you load bullets in it and shoot.

I am running the Nickle mags, Hennings +4/5 base pads and grams followers/springs.

Really liking the 23 round mags 

They fit in the gauge with a bit of room too.  :D