Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Replacement Barrel/Receiver for Mark IV 22/45 (Lite)

RickT

I've given up at securing the Allchin C-More Railway adapter.  Even using John Allchin's recommended procedure (clean with Acetone, red loctite on mating surfaces,blue loctite on the screws) the adapter has twice come loose.  My last and irreversible resort would be epoxy and I'm not fond of that approach since at that point the barrel assembly becomes a throwaway.

Is there a barrel out there (e.g., TacSol or ...) that has better features for attaching a C-more.  I don't see how reinstalling the rail on the 22/45 would necessarily be more secure than the Allchin adapter and the optical axis would be further raised.  I'd consider buying a complete gun, a Volquartsen Black Mamba comes to mind.

Since these are my wife's guns this problem is at the DEFCON 5 level.

This has been an issue since the very initial installation done by a 'smith.  I don't see any evidence of thread damage, but you never know.  FWIW the Vortex Venom weights 1.6 oz., while an Aluminum Railway weights 6.5 oz.; that's a big weight difference which I suspect is part of the problem.  At this point I'll find a gunsmith that can do a permanent attachment.

I spent most of my working career in the tool and die trade and can say from experience some people are way better than others when it comes to knowing how things should fit together. 

• 8 months later...
On 10/17/2019 at 8:28 AM, RickT said:

I've given up at securing the Allchin C-More Railway adapter.  Even using John Allchin's recommended procedure (clean with Acetone, red loctite on mating surfaces,blue loctite on the screws) the adapter has twice come loose.  My last and irreversible resort would be epoxy and I'm not fond of that approach since at that point the barrel assembly becomes a throwaway.

Is there a barrel out there (e.g., TacSol or ...) that has better features for attaching a C-more.  I don't see how reinstalling the rail on the 22/45 would necessarily be more secure than the Allchin adapter and the optical axis would be further raised.  I'd consider buying a complete gun, a Volquartsen Black Mamba comes to mind.

Since these are my wife's guns this problem is at the DEFCON 5 level.

I have had the same problem, my screws were stripped. Had a gun Smith, re thread the mounting holes.  It's loose again. I like the appoxy idea.

22 hours ago, Glock17open said:

I have had the same problem, my screws were stripped. Had a gun Smith, re thread the mounting holes.  It's loose again. I like the appoxy idea.

The epoxy has been rock solid for many thousands of rounds; Less expensive than a new gun:)