Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon RL1100 update from Dillon today

1 hour ago, Sigarmsp226 said:

New Dillon catalog (Blue Press) just arrived and Dillon has raised their price on the Super 1050 to $2000 ($1999.99 so you might as well say $2k)...Will have to look at last months catalog but I am thinking that is a $120.00 price I crease in one month...Will be interesting to see what the price for the 1100 will be since up to this point they have only provided an estimated price at release...

The price on the RL550C went up from $440.00 to $510 also.....OUCH.....Mark

I talked to the good folks at Dillon a few weeks back and they told me the 1100 would be about $2K...  so perhaps the price increase on the 1050 is "setting the stage"

2 hours ago, Sigarmsp226 said:

New Dillon catalog (Blue Press) just arrived and Dillon has raised their price on the Super 1050 to $2000 ($1999.99 so you might as well say $2k)...Will have to look at last months catalog but I am thinking that is a $120.00 price I crease in one month...Will be interesting to see what the price for the 1100 will be since up to this point they have only provided an estimated price at release...

The price on the RL550C went up from $440.00 to $510 also.....OUCH.....Mark

I thought the 1100 supposed to drive the 1050 price down, not up :(.

I was considering pickup up a 550C to replace my pre-B 550... but at that price I'll just hang on to mine. Actually I should have bought one at the fun show last month, they were $420 :).  Oh well, it's not like I need to replace mine, it's humming along nicely, only doing revolver cartridges now  - everything else is either on the 1050 or the Coax.

EDIT - Although it's still $440 on the website, so if someone wants one, now is the time I guess.  I went ahead and ordered one.

Edited by 78Staff

5 minutes ago, 78Staff said:

I thought the 1100 supposed to drive the 1050 price down, not up :(.

I was considering pickup up a 550C to replace my pre-B 550... but at that price I'll just hang on to mine. Actually I should have bought one at the fun show last month, they were $420 :).  Oh well, it's not like I need to replace mine, it's humming along nicely, only doing revolver cartridges now  - everything else is either on the 1050 or the Coax.

EDIT - Although it's still $440 on the website, so if someone wants one, now is the time I guess.

I thought the same about the price. Considering they need to get rid of stock they should. Luckily there are plenty of cheap used 1050 out there.

That price increase is insane. Maybe they just don’t want 1050 to compete with 1100? 

I have a 1050 already. I would pick up a second but like my Revo better. I thought about picking up an 1100 but thinking maybe an Evo instead. 

4 minutes ago, DJRyan13 said:

That price increase is insane. Maybe they just don’t want 1050 to compete with 1100? 

I have a 1050 already. I would pick up a second but like my Revo better. I thought about picking up an 1100 but thinking maybe an Evo instead. 

if your already into the M7 family i wouldn't go back. I know there we a lot of kinks originally, but they seem to have worked it out.

59 minutes ago, Laxman2809 said:

if your already into the M7 family i wouldn't go back. I know there we a lot of kinks originally, but they seem to have worked it out.

There are a few odd calibers I will run on 1050... 30-06 isn’t fully supported on Mark 7 for example. Also, I won’t convert a few others like 30 Carbine over to Mark7. I thought about getting a 1100 for the smoother shell plate which would help calibers like that. But not worth the expense right now. 

10 hours ago, DJRyan13 said:

There are a few odd calibers I will run on 1050... 30-06 isn’t fully supported on Mark 7 for example. Also, I won’t convert a few others like 30 Carbine over to Mark7. I thought about getting a 1100 for the smoother shell plate which would help calibers like that. But not worth the expense right now. 

I picked up an old RL1050 for the smoother indexing, hoping it will provide a similar experience to the 1100

8 hours ago, Laxman2809 said:

I picked up an old RL1050 for the smoother indexing, hoping it will provide a similar experience to the 1100

I wouldn't mind running across an old RL in decent shape for a nice price :).

1 minute ago, 78Staff said:

I wouldn't mind running across an old RL in decent shape for a nice price :).

it was the right price and and it was in decent shape. i honestly feel lucky to have it. Its my piece of history, which I promptly connected to an ammobot. ;)