Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2020 Rockcastle Pro Am 3 Gun Date?

On 10/16/2019 at 10:02 PM, Blaster said:

rock castle is history its being auctioned off next weekend I am there now shooting blue ridge 3 gun

Let's wait until after next weekend to make such broad statements.

On 10/28/2019 at 7:24 PM, Porter22 said:

Any update as to whether or not the auction happened and what the future of Rockcasle looks like? Was seriously going to try to shoot the pro-am as my first major.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The hotel was purchased by one individual, most of the rest of the property was purchased by another buyer.  "User agreement" should be finalized this week is what I've heard, and all us locals are hopeful that Rockcastle Shooting Center is still open for business.

On 10/31/2019 at 8:44 AM, Bryan 45 said:

The hotel was purchased by one individual, most of the rest of the property was purchased by another buyer.  "User agreement" should be finalized this week is what I've heard, and all us locals are hopeful that Rockcastle Shooting Center is still open for business.

Bryan, what have you heard recently about Rockcastle? Are they going to continue shooting there? What has happened, if anything, after the recent proposed purchases? It is a great place to shoot but needs upgrading in several areas.

On 11/3/2019 at 6:21 AM, verla said:

Bryan, what have you heard recently about Rockcastle? Are they going to continue shooting there? What has happened, if anything, after the recent proposed purchases? It is a great place to shoot but needs upgrading in several areas.

I was not able to go this past weekend, but there was a 10K run and gun on Saturday and a 5K rimfire run and gun on Sunday.  From all accounts I've seen, it was business as usual.   I have not seen anything  released as of yet on the change in ownership.

On 11/4/2019 at 10:02 AM, Bryan 45 said:

I was not able to go this past weekend, but there was a 10K run and gun on Saturday and a 5K rimfire run and gun on Sunday.  From all accounts I've seen, it was business as usual.   I have not seen anything  released as of yet on the change in ownership.

This is a good answer.  I was at the 5k and can confirm.

I was up there yesterday doing some blinking and was told that something was going to be confirmed. So I am waiting like, Ralphie was waiting for that perfect Christmas gift the Red Ryder BB Gun. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Little update, new lodge owners are doing monthly USPSA matches in the bays with talk of buying a couple hundred acres of land near by to open a complex again if they have enough interest and can work out a deal. -per the MD of the USPSA matches

No word on shooting in the caves or major matches until they finalize anything.

• 2 weeks later...