Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Build up in Gen 5 muzzle crown?

igolfat8

My Gen 5 barrels have a square shoulder, 90* recess just inside the muzzle, Unlike the common 11* chamfer or rounded inward crowns. My Gen 5 crowns are accumulating carbon and gunk QUICKLY. After only 100 rounds the crown is completely invisible. It takes scraping to remove the build up. Is anyone else having or noticing this issue? 

24 minutes ago, igolfat8 said:

My Gen 5 barrels have a square shoulder, 90* recess just inside the muzzle, Unlike the common 11* chamfer or rounded inward crowns. My Gen 5 crowns are accumulating carbon and gunk QUICKLY. After only 100 rounds the crown is completely invisible. It takes scraping to remove the build up. Is anyone else having or noticing this issue? 

Haven’t noticed it. I’ve got a LOT of ammo thru mine. 

Pics?

6 hours ago, igolfat8 said:

Are you running lead bullets?

Yes, I’m running cast lead / powder coated and Hi-Tek coated bullets. Same boolits I’ve shot well over 175,000 through other Glocks and CZs without any issues. I’ve never had any bore leading even in my open 34 and Czechmate. I just find it odd that the Gen 5 muzzle is accumulating carbon build up and so quickly.

• 3 weeks later...