Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
benos

Forum Nomenclature

Hey schmitz, can't you just save that picture to your hard disk, then upload it as your avatar? We'd really appreciate it.

Erik, why?

Edited by schmitz

(sorry for the delayed response) schmitz, as BerKim said, your old avatar was on a site that wants a browser cookie. My old browser would always ask me whether I should accept that cookie, but my new browser doesn't.

Meanwhile, back at the Forum Nomenclature suggestion box... (sorry for the bad seque)

Internet Drama Queen

This person specializes in being a victim, finding (or feigning) insult where none was intended, and bringing drama to where none is wanted.

non-grammarian

this person rarely uses capitols misspells freequently and almost never uses punctuation. adnd makes horrible run-on sentances But english is this person's first langugge

Avitexted

Verb. 1. This happens when a forum member or two are bored and decide to start a 'Name Game' to customize the text under a members chosen avitar. Usually decribing the on-line habits/antics of the member better than the member could themselves. 2. A certain sneaky member with the power takes it upon himself to change the text under a members avitar to suite his own twisted sense of humor. (I.E. Oh no, I've been avitexted!!!) -This condition is usually followed by finding yourself rolling on the floor laughing...

Deltatarist

Noun, A forum member that embraces a dynamic identity with thier avitar. Confusing some members while tempting other members to worry of the sanity of the user...

Photo insert; Merlin Orr. One of the less distressing portraits hopefully!!!

Hammerhead: Noun, one that cruises the forum looking for posters to "set right"...ie: as the "I hammered him back into submission." indicates

http://www.brianenos.com/pages/forum.html#terms

We need to add one for the post count bumpers...new members that don't really contribute a thing to the foum, but post anyway. Oddly enough, when they reach 25 posts, they suddenly think of something to sell in the classified section.

Equally odd... their post count gets reset and they end up being "unclassified'ers"...without the ability to post in the classified section at all.

We need to add one for the post count bumpers...new members that don't really contribute a thing to the foum, but post anyway. Oddly enough, when they reach 25 posts, they suddenly think of something to sell in the classified section.

Equally odd... their post count gets reset and they end up being "unclassified'ers"...without the ability to post in the classified section at all.

Uh oh, the post count police are out again :o

So... PCBer; PostCountBumper ... ? Erik? Anyone?

be

how about:

Jack-in-the-box -- "tinkles out inane comments hoping nobody notices, then jumps out with an advertisement after 25 turns of the crank. Typically slam-dunked back into the box."

I submit

Buyrcry.... Posts items or long lists of items at high retail and BTT for days on end with aggressive sales patter coupled with disdainful and condescending attitude toward potential buyers, leading the general forum populace to band together and raise money for the posted items just to get it out of their collective faces.

'Jack-in-the-box' pretty much works for ME. :D

Such a one would be a Salibate, once they have had their classified status rescinded.

sal-i-bate

-noun

1.a person who abstains from financial relations.

how about:

Jack-in-the-box -- "tinkles out inane comments hoping nobody notices, then jumps out with an advertisement after 25 turns of the crank. Typically slam-dunked back into the box."

+2

I submit

Buyrcry.... Posts items or long lists of items at high retail and BTT for days on end with aggressive sales patter coupled with disdainful and condescending attitude toward potential buyers, leading the general forum populace to band together and raise money for the posted items just to get it out of their collective faces.

...the direct foe of the CRB ?

Cheap Rat Bastard

:D