Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any Tips for Shooting a Gen2 G17?

Triggers in 1911s and Glocks are world apart that I personally saw those who grew up in 1911s exclusively had problems in Glocks most of the time. Conversely its the opposite. 
1911s being single action has short crisp trigger pull. Glocks being DAO has long and creepy pull. My take is to pull the glock in one contineous rolling pull without staging. Try hard not to mind the break or shot. Dry fire it a lot and see it in live fire. 

Good luck!

Thanks for all of the great tips!

Yes, the trigger pull is what I am struggling with, especially doing double taps. Aimed slow fire doesn't seem to be a problem though. A lot of dry firing may straighten me out. There are a few more local matches here in the north east before the weather turns to crap. If I feel brave I might give it a go.

Thanks again.

+1 on grip.  i switch pistols all the time (shoot everything i have) and the only thing that ive found that matters is that the grip safety forces me into a lower grip so when i switch back to a glock or whatever i can get a better grip or at least what i consider as a better grip.    I also change my mag change technique to a pull the mag out and reload not trusting the empty to drop free on its own.  

normal ymmv and imho  :)

cheers

Thanks for the great tips. I just got my Blackhawk holster and have been doing some drawing and dry firing. I already  have noticed a difference. I will be doing some live fire drills this week. Draw fire at center mass a zone, then 2 shots at upper a zone, repeat. I figure that if I  do this enough I should be prepared for my first match with the G17.