Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Victory 22


mchapman
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Outer Impact (link) and Sig Romeo 3 XL (link) with the 3 MOA dot (aim small, miss small) mounted on the Performance Center version with the carbon fiber barrel and Tandemkross Gamechanger PRO comp.

As mentioned, all the weight sits right in your hand.

 

BC

 

 

 

 

Edited by BillChunn
dot size added
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The majority of the victorys I see for steel challenge are either straight stock, or have the V carbon fiber barrel and all the go fast parts.  Any red dot you mount will place the weight in your hand.  The reason for the ultralight barrel is fast transitions.  That being said, the typical sideways mounted SlideRide adds a ton of weight.  It don't get it.  Weight added anywhere on the pistol slows transitions.  I use a much lighter sight.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not that used to using a dot, and I struggle sometimes finding it. I have tried several brands and types and the one that seems to work for the best is the Cmore Slideride or Railway. I am using the railway on several pistols and it works for me, if I use the slide ride or one of the smaller dots, they sit to low and it feels like I am pointing at the dirt with it. Just to used to irons. The railway on the picatinny is up just high enough that I don't have the feeling that I'm pointing the gun to low. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, mchapman said:

I'm not that used to using a dot, and I struggle sometimes finding it. I have tried several brands and types and the one that seems to work for the best is the Cmore Slideride or Railway. I am using the railway on several pistols and it works for me, if I use the slide ride or one of the smaller dots, they sit to low and it feels like I am pointing at the dirt with it. Just to used to irons. The railway on the picatinny is up just high enough that I don't have the feeling that I'm pointing the gun to low. 

 

You can save some weight by getting rid of the rail, using the TK mount with slideride and then using this to raise the sight if needed.   But good to know what works for you.   We all loose  the dot from time to time.  Dryfire seems to help with memory / eye recall.   

 

https://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/C-More-Tactical-Spacer-Plate-P2183.aspx

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/18/2019 at 8:01 PM, mchapman said:

I'm not that used to using a dot, and I struggle sometimes finding it. I have tried several brands and types and the one that seems to work for the best is the Cmore Slideride or Railway. I am using the railway on several pistols and it works for me, if I use the slide ride or one of the smaller dots, they sit to low and it feels like I am pointing at the dirt with it. Just to used to irons. The railway on the picatinny is up just high enough that I don't have the feeling that I'm pointing the gun to low. 

 

I'll note that most people who are used to irons prefer a low dot, instead of a high one---high dots require a significantly different hand position (compared to iron sights) to get the dot in front of your eye.  For people with a LOT of time in iron sights, many really like to get that dot low, to make it easier to pick up the dot on transitions and so on.  The higher the dot, the more practice it takes to get the right hand position to see the dot, because you have to re-train yourself away from what you are used to doing.

 

YMMV, of course.

 

Lots and lots of dryfire transition practice will fix this no matter what, though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/20/2019 at 10:08 AM, Thomas H said:

 

  The higher the dot, the more practice it takes to get the right hand position to see the dot, because you have to re-train yourself away from what you are used to doing.

 

 

When first starting with an Open division gun in USPSA many, many years ago, one of the Master class shooters told me to push the gun, muzzle up toward the target, then rotate the wrists while focusing on the very top edge of the glass.  The dot will drop right out of the top of the lense.

 

On 12/20/2019 at 10:08 AM, Thomas H said:

Lots and lots of dryfire transition practice will fix this no matter what, though.

 

Absolutely agree.  Muscle memory required to push muzzle up and rotate wrists.

 

BC

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...