Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bulk Bullet Order


Dutchman195
 Share

Recommended Posts

Has anyone every attempted to get a bulk order of bullets done and have a company ship to you on a pallet? 

I had done it once years and years ago with XTR, but was wondering if Blue/SNS/Acme did it. I've seen the bullets come in a big powder keg looking barrel and then get delivered to somewhere that has a shipping dock. 

 

Anyone have experience with this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ssanders224 said:

 

Shipping 100k projectiles on a pallet (freight) IS cheaper than in separate flat rate boxes. 

But, If They are covering the shipping and not changing the price pallet vs flat rate. To my wallet, the flat rate is cheaper. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Dutchman195 said:

But, If They are covering the shipping and not changing the price pallet vs flat rate. To my wallet, the flat rate is cheaper. 

 

I agree. 

Whether or not freight is cheaper for them is of no concern to you if the savings isn't reflected in your price. 

My point was just that shipping via freight IS beneficial.... but to who is the question. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

when boomer shooter was active they had a few guys do big orders and go pick them up after a match.  i have also heard of guys contacting a post master to let them know that they have 30-40 boxes of flat rate shipping coming and that they can hold it for them and they will come pick them up from the post office rather then the post office trying to deliver them over a month haha.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Blurryvisions said:

when boomer shooter was active they had a few guys do big orders and go pick them up after a match.  i have also heard of guys contacting a post master to let them know that they have 30-40 boxes of flat rate shipping coming and that they can hold it for them and they will come pick them up from the post office rather then the post office trying to deliver them over a month haha.

I had this happen. Had an order of 50,000 come from PD.  I had a buddy that worked at my local Post Office, and he called me asking what in the world I had ordered. I told him I would be by with my truck to get them from the loading dock, but my poor, industrious delivery driver had loaded everything in his car already when I got there. I got back home and he was huffing and puffing carrying boxes down my driveway. I got him a Christmas present that year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, nso123 said:

I had this happen. Had an order of 50,000 come from PD.  I had a buddy that worked at my local Post Office, and he called me asking what in the world I had ordered. I told him I would be by with my truck to get them from the loading dock, but my poor, industrious delivery driver had loaded everything in his car already when I got there. I got back home and he was huffing and puffing carrying boxes down my driveway. I got him a Christmas present that year. 

wow that poor guy.  when they started the flat rate shipping back in the day and the bullet companies started offering quantity that would fit into those boxes and not be over the 65 lbs... i think its 65 lbs, maybe 70 i was shocked.  i always met my delivery guy at his truck and told him just show me where they are haha.  he got used to it every 2-3 months having a few cases of bullets to load.  I think he appreciates me coming and grabbing them.  Nice you got him a little xmas present haha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...