Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
Slide4949

Everglade Race Holster

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
On 4/16/2020 at 3:52 PM, falconpilot said:

Bought some standard cap/socket head 8/32 screws 3/4" long and cut them to needed lenght..

screws.jpg

 

As someone who just stripped 2 screws adjusting it, thanks. Lol

 

The rest of it is so sturdy,I dunno why they use these crappy things.

Edited by lroy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lroy said:

As someone who just stripped 2 screws adjusting it, thanks. Lol

 

The rest of it is so sturdy,I dunno why they use these crappy things.

 

So they can sell you the SS screw set for $20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/27/2020 at 2:38 PM, Silverscooby27 said:

The stainless screws are actually really nice and worth $20, in my opinion.

 

unless they're made out of vibranium i don't see how 10 screws are worth $20. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lroy said:

 

unless they're made out of vibranium i don't see how 10 screws are worth $20. 

 

To be fair, I believe it's 24 if you do the holster and the thigh pad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/27/2020 at 2:38 PM, Silverscooby27 said:

The stainless screws are actually really nice and worth $20, in my opinion.

 

I haven't had any stripping issues with the standard screws, but to keep things simple and not have to cut anything I'd probably buy the stainless screws from them for $20.  Seems a little steep, but at the end of the end of the day it would be the easiest solution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lroy said:

 

unless they're made out of vibranium i don't see how 10 screws are worth $20. 

Sounds like I have them and you don’t. Which means that I have a valid opinion and you don’t. In fact, I have two of these holsters both with stainless screws. So obviously I like them. The quality is very good. The shape of the heads matches perfectly in the slots and sits flat. The lengths are all perfect. That’s worth $20 to me. Obviously, $20 means a lot more to you than it does to me. So don’t buy them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Silverscooby27 said:

Sounds like I have them and you don’t. Which means that I have a valid opinion and you don’t. In fact, I have two of these holsters both with stainless screws. So obviously I like them. The quality is very good. The shape of the heads matches perfectly in the slots and sits flat. The lengths are all perfect. That’s worth $20 to me. Obviously, $20 means a lot more to you than it does to me. So don’t buy them.

 

Well that Escalated quickly. Not a big deal bud.

 

I'm glad you're happy with the screws you got and you probably do have more money to throw around than I do. For everyone else, I went to ace and bought them for 17 cents. They worked great.

Edited by lroy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, lroy said:

 

unless they're made out of vibranium i don't see how 10 screws are worth $20. 

100  SS screws for  $20

it's part of some milling machine?😉

screws.jpg

Edited by yigal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Silverscooby27 said:

Also to answer my own question about how many holes inward to run the holster body...I ended up going with 2 holes in.

 

I am at the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...