Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.40 minor Stock II xtreme vs shadow 2 in Production

Wiseguy724

23 hours ago, V2plus25 said:

I shoot .40 minor in a Limited Pro and a Stock II.  A good polish job goes a long way towards a good trigger, and I agree with what everyone says about leaving the stock disco in vs the BOLO since I also don't ride the reset.  On both models I have the Henning cone-fit guiderod (which is a must in my opinion), the PD firing pin spring and the PD 15.5 hammer spring.  Everything else internal is pretty much stock.

Play with the recoil spring to see what works best for you.  On the Stock II the Wolff 8lb longslide spring works great for major loads and the 6lb one is great for minor loads.  If you want your slide to reliably auto-forward on a slide-lock reload, I would go with a 7lb longslide spring for .40 minor.  For the Limited Pro and the Stock III the 10lb longslide spring works well for .40 major and the 8lb or 9lb works for .40 minor.

I was going to tag you in this Josh but you beat me to it!

Listen to what he’s saying if your thinking about 40 minor, his guns run flawlessly and shoot soft

On 10/10/2019 at 8:07 PM, MemphisMechanic said:

I dislike the Bolo for the same reason.

Like Jay, I want a trigger with some creep and pretravel before the break. Used to rolling through it.

My nickel is see what works for you. 

Sold it to a guy in Oregon.

Insane? Why? I shoot the same points at the same pace with a PPQ or G34 that I do with a Tanfo. The gun really doesn’t matter very much - as long as it fits your hands, and runs. I’ll stick with plastic.

I’m close enough to M class that I might make a push to crest that milestone in the spring with my tupperware, if I can actually find time to practice. I’m that A class guy who never dryfires. [emoji23]

Lol I hear ya man. I completely agree with it doesnt matter about the gun at all. It's what you like and works for ya.

Well hopefully you can make it brother. Best of luck. Good seeing you helping out us with our Nickel plated sissy pistol questions still though.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk