Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PT EVO mag release thread size?

Mdooz

Looking to buy a dawson lo pro button for my pt evo, but i didn't know if the thread size was 4-40 or 5-40.

thanks!

Edit: I might be dumb, I bought my gun used and it came with an evo grip and a threaded mag release. I have no idea what size the thread is.

Edited by Mdooz

1 minute ago, aandabooks said:

I did the same thing and mine doesn't have a button.  I believe it is 4-40 and I want to order a button with my next order so will wait for someone that knows for sure.

according to my google fu, the 4-40 is for STI/SVI, and the 5-40 is for 1911's. someone please correct me if i'm wrong.

• 4 weeks later...

I wouldnt use an extended button. I put the limcat one on my honcho and dropped 3-4 mags at my last match. I took it off as soon as I got home. I came from shooting a TSO with a Shadow 2 style mag release and extended button and never had a problem but for some reason i do on this. After some discussion it turns out very few people recommend using one. Just FYI, I learned the hard way

15 hours ago, hurley326 said:

I wouldnt use an extended button. I put the limcat one on my honcho and dropped 3-4 mags at my last match. I took it off as soon as I got home. I came from shooting a TSO with a Shadow 2 style mag release and extended button and never had a problem but for some reason i do on this. After some discussion it turns out very few people recommend using one. Just FYI, I learned the hard way

I am wondering about this my self for my Atlas Titan. I thought about putting a paddle type mag release button on it but am scared about dropping mags. However,  with the PT EVO, I have to change my grip and twist my hand just to drop the magazine now.

Adam from Atlas actually has a YouTube video telling you NOT to put one on his guns and explains why.

I was told this and didn’t listen as I said. I regret it. Thank god it was a local match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, BLUEPSTU said:

I am wondering about this my self for my Atlas Titan. I thought about putting a paddle type mag release button on it but am scared about dropping mags. However,  with the PT EVO, I have to change my grip and twist my hand just to drop the magazine now.

On my STI edge and 1911's, I use a button. On my titan (pt evo grip) the dawson extended mag release sits out far enough that i don't need the button, and when I put a button on, it was getting released inadvertently. also getting released on loaded table starts. Luckily, the mag release broke in 2, so I replaced it with a dawson idpa length. I put a button on that one and it's about perfect. I'm not hitting it accidentally, but I can reach it without adjusting my grip. and if I need to, i can remove it for a loaded table start.