Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
Mdooz

PT EVO mag release thread size?

Looking to buy a dawson lo pro button for my pt evo, but i didn't know if the thread size was 4-40 or 5-40.

thanks!

Edit: I might be dumb, I bought my gun used and it came with an evo grip and a threaded mag release. I have no idea what size the thread is.

Edited by Mdooz

I did the same thing and mine doesn't have a button.  I believe it is 4-40 and I want to order a button with my next order so will wait for someone that knows for sure.

1 minute ago, aandabooks said:

I did the same thing and mine doesn't have a button.  I believe it is 4-40 and I want to order a button with my next order so will wait for someone that knows for sure.

according to my google fu, the 4-40 is for STI/SVI, and the 5-40 is for 1911's. someone please correct me if i'm wrong.

Mag releases may be tapped for either. Most likely 4-40. The small front grip screw is 4-40, use that to solve the mystery. 

Of the 6 or 7 threaded magazine releases I've owned, CK/Dawson/STI, all have been 4-40.