Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Romeo 3 Max

Rich406

Been using the R3 Max for a bit now and haven’t seen much talk about it, so I though I’d put up a small review. Previously I’ve been using a SRO, and before that a DPP. At one point or another I’ve tried pretty much every dot on the market other than the vortex razor. 

I’m using the R3 on a p320 X5 legion for CO, so that’s where my perspective is coming from. So far I really like it. It has a very big window, thin bezel and the dot is very bright and highly adjustable. I have about 7500 rounds on my current R3 without any issues, hopefully it’s durable, but I think it’s too early to say, it’s looking good though.

So far I’ve only seen a couple issues. The adjustment buttons are too easy to inadvertently bump and change your brightness setting. I’ve done this many times while it was in my holster. A friend cracked the lens on theirs by dropping it from waist height onto a carpeted floor. Definitely  not as rugged as some of the other dots with protective steel shrouds. 

That’s about all I got. I’m going to continue using this over the SRO for the foreseeable future. Anyone else using the Max or XL on a CO gun?

please keep us updated, I currently have the SRO on 2 of my guns, but the Xl and the Max look very appealing to me.

I've had very good luck with the SRO's so far , no issues at all and the one on my shadow 2 has seen a good amount of action 

15 hours ago, Rich406 said:

Been using the R3 Max for a bit now and haven’t seen much talk about it, so I though I’d put up a small review. Previously I’ve been using a SRO, and before that a DPP. At one point or another I’ve tried pretty much every dot on the market other than the vortex razor

I’m using the R3 on a p320 X5 legion for CO, so that’s where my perspective is coming from. So far I really like it. It has a very big window, thin bezel and the dot is very bright and highly adjustable. I have about 7500 rounds on my current R3 without any issues, hopefully it’s durable, but I think it’s too early to say, it’s looking good though.

So far I’ve only seen a couple issues. The adjustment buttons are too easy to inadvertently bump and change your brightness setting. I’ve done this many times while it was in my holster. A friend cracked the lens on theirs by dropping it from waist height onto a carpeted floor. Definitely  not as rugged as some of the other dots with protective steel shrouds. 

That’s about all I got. I’m going to continue using this over the SRO for the foreseeable future. Anyone else using the Max or XL on a CO gun?

Do you think it’s a better optic than the SRO?

1 hour ago, abigger04 said:

Do you think it’s a better optic than the SRO?

I think they are fairly equivalent. I think the R3 has the slight edge for a competition dot with the thinner bezel and more adjustable brightness.

I also recently picked up an R3Max to throw on the Open gun. I would love to put one on my CO gun, but I'm already milled for a DPP.

I just got the open gun back after fitting a new slide - so it's finally time to get some rounds downrange with the R3Max. I'm replacing a DPP with the R3Max, and it does seem superior in just about every aspect - the window shroud and brightness adjustment the big ones for me. The shroud/bezel is much less noticeable than the DPP, SRO, and RTS2 in my opinion. I look forward to putting it through its paces. 

I'm running one on a .22 rifle for Steel Challenge RFRO (upper A Class). I love it! I've only had it on for a few matches but in those I did best three of my peak Classifier times.

The big window and bright.... very adjustable... dot are a major plus IMHO.

Has anyone had dealings with warranty issue with sig red dot optics? I am just wondering about their customer service. Turn around time and hassle of repair. I have a R3XL on my open gun and love it. Before I would put one on my CO I would want to hear some experience with there warranty services. 

5 minutes ago, skullmug said:

Has anyone had dealings with warranty issue with sig red dot optics? I am just wondering about their customer service. Turn around time and hassle of repair. I have a R3XL on my open gun and love it. Before I would put one on my CO I would want to hear some experience with there warranty services. 

Anecdotal, but I've heard good things.  I think they'd be all over any issues with the R3 Max and XL.