Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Rpope423

Glock mag springs

Posted (edited)

What is everybody running for +5 pads for 40 cal spring wise? I’m running TTI pads but seems like my springs are getting weak as I’m having feeding issues every now and then. I find the TTI spring that comes with the pad to be okay but doesn’t last very long IMO. 

Edited by Rpope423

Do I have to call them or can I just order from website

31 minutes ago, Rpope423 said:

Do I have to call them or can I just order from website

I would call first and get the correct part number for your setup then order online.

Arredondo extended (140mm) and Taylor Freelance 140 mm mag springs with a variety of Arredondo and Taylor Freelance basepads interchangeably. Still using the orginal TTI springs with the three TTI +5's I have, but see no reason why the Arredondos and the TF springs won't work just fine with the TTI basepads when replacement time rolls around. I believe Wolff makes them for both Arredondo and TF, just slightly different coiling design on the bottom. The Arredondos have a squared off bottom coil. The Arredondo springs are available in singles, 3-pack and 10-pack from many sources, including Shooters Connection. I usually just order TF directly from Robin, as he offers lower cost shipping than most. Give him a call if you need help on which springs. Both seem to last for a very long time and function well while doing so.

Dawson also sells 140mm springs and I believe ISMI does, I think I've seen them at Brownells.

Another option is to cut down the 33rd mag springs. I might try that next time I need to replace springs as I have some laying around. Curious for those that have already tried this how many coils you left?

TTI are ismi and didn’t seem to last long. 

mbx sells custom 140mm springs I’m gonna give a shot

Any updates on the MBX Springs? I have TTI +5/6 pads and have tried springs from TTI, Taylor Freelance, Wolff, ISMI and Dawson...all with the same result of poor feeding. Happens with a stock G22 and G24, with stock and 13lbs recoil spring. 

I actual was able to get some range time yesterday and I loaded 20 rounds in them and alternated back and forth and didn’t have the first issue, I’m very pleased with MBX 140mm spring especially for the Money. I also messed around with followers and put the correct follower in also

20 hours ago, bchillz89 said:

Any updates on the MBX Springs? I have TTI +5/6 pads and have tried springs from TTI, Taylor Freelance, Wolff, ISMI and Dawson...all with the same result of poor feeding. Happens with a stock G22 and G24, with stock and 13lbs recoil spring. 

What kinda load data your shooting on a 13lb? I’m using a 15lb and been debating giving a 13lb a try

5 hours ago, Rpope423 said:

What kinda load data your shooting on a 13lb? I’m using a 15lb and been debating giving a 13lb a try

I unfortunately haven’t gone down the path of reloading...yet. However, I shoot blazer brass 180gr and it’s very soft with the 13lbs recoil spring, to me it feels like hot 9mm (124+p)  What number follower are you using? I’ve dropped so much time And places during matches the past few months Because of these magazine springs, I may have to buy the MBX springs and hope for the best. 

I got my followers from glock store says 10 on them. I feel you past 2 majors It’s almost costed me. 

6 hours ago, Rpope423 said:

I got my followers from glock store says 10 on them. I feel you past 2 majors It’s almost costed me. 

I’ll have to order some and hopefully they work! Thanks for the info