Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
boudreux

Shooting shirt with SPF

Who makes a long sleeve shooting jersey that has sun protection?

Techwear makes long sleeve shooting jerseys which allegedly have sun block protection. I bought one with a USPSA logo. It is fine for warmer weather but it was pricey ($95) and has not held up very well through multiple washings. Lot of pilling.Doubt if I will purchase another one.

As a three-time winner in the tussle with Melanoma, I can also recommend heading into the fishing apparel section of your favorite sporting goods store.

Posted (edited)

I have used the Hanes as well from my experience they run small. Other than that work good

Edited by Kilrb

I have been using Academy brand fishing shirts. The sleeves are just a little long and have to be rolled up as the match goes on. I figured i may be able to find something that is more made for shooting but at $95 for a tech wear i'll stick with the fishing shirts. The hanes look like a great deal. 

I have used Columbia, Huk, Magellan and Costco brand long sleeved fishing shirts with UPF 50 and to me, the Columbia is the best. I bought them from the navy exchange when they went on clearance sale. No sales tax too.

If you are looking to have all of the gun advertising, that is going to be tough to find and expensive when you do.  I looked briefly.  However,  I will second the Academy brand for protection, comfort and price.   They don't have any cool factor but they work fabulously and at times you can get them for $15.  I  usually wear a regular golf shirt, with only my friends holster company name on it, with the Magellan brand fishing shirt underneath.  It works better than sunscreen which gets all over my gun from rubbing on my arms.   During the Georgia summer I don't find it too hot.

Shameless plug for my buddy:  Sultac.com 

I don’t have any sponsors so not interested in all of that. I’ll stick with the fishing shirts 

I actually just ordered some of the sleeves to try out. They came from the SA company. They were 5 sleeves (Don’t know why the odd number) for $12, with a 50 spf. Worth a try for the price 

I prefer to use sun sleeves instead of a long sleeve shirt, baggy shirt sleeves drive me crazy and make me uncomfortable.