Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

11 hours ago, BryceA said:

Heh, we picked the exact opposite size configuration: I tried the 135 TC in .356" and the 147 in .355". My P10F barrel slugs at .356, a bit larger than my other pistols so it makes sense to me why it likes a fatter bullet. Perhaps yours is the same. I was curious about their 147 FP but the lube grove and lack of representation in .356 in their 'special order profiles' kept me away.

I think most cz barrels are slightly on the larger size. My shadow was .356 or .357 when I slugged it. Accuracy was still pretty good though for Uspsa. My TSO is really accurate though. 2” groups at 25yrds all day with that thing. What springs are you running in the P10f? I’m running the Cajun steel guide rod with a 13lb spring and really want to try a 12lb. I’m still debating on the HBI or Cajun trigger though. Some people say it’s worth it and others say no so......

2 hours ago, Superpipe9 said:

I think most cz barrels are slightly on the larger size. My shadow was .356 or .357 when I slugged it. Accuracy was still pretty good though for Uspsa. My TSO is really accurate though. 2” groups at 25yrds all day with that thing. What springs are you running in the P10f? I’m running the Cajun steel guide rod with a 13lb spring and really want to try a 12lb. I’m still debating on the HBI or Cajun trigger though. Some people say it’s worth it and others say no so......

Mine is still bone stock and I love it, which is what I find most appealing about the P10 platform. Spring rate feels right, though I may play with it this winter. It's probably that I'm used to Glocks, but I'm quite happy with the stock trigger: it's a bit on the heavy side for a game gun but not bad and I can still get a straight-to-the-back pull out of it pretty much every time. I do want to change out the front sight but was waiting to settle on a load so I could order the right height, so that will probably change soon. Oh, and I should get some grip tape.

Picked up my F this afternoon.  Love the feel of the grip, and the mag release isn't stiff like my C is.  I promptly put my comped C upper on the F frame just to see if it would function - it does.  And honestly, the balance feels better.  This got me to thinking, though, with the giant hollow space under the backstrap on these guns, could you fill them with something to add some weight and make them better balanced?    Maybe drop a brass or tungsten rod in and fill with the same epoxy that the Glock guys use to do grip reductions?  Thoughts?

Pic of C upper on F lower, attached, just to show you guys.

p10.png

8 minutes ago, 01svtL said:

Picked up my F this afternoon.  Love the feel of the grip, and the mag release isn't stiff like my C is.  I promptly put my comped C upper on the F frame just to see if it would function - it does.  And honestly, the balance feels better.  This got me to thinking, though, with the giant hollow space under the backstrap on these guns, could you fill them with something to add some weight and make them better balanced?    Maybe drop a brass or tungsten rod in and fill with the same epoxy that the Glock guys use to do grip reductions?  Thoughts?

Pic of C upper on F lower, attached, just to show you guys.

p10.png

You can absolutely add weight in the back strap. On another thread I saw someone put lead shot in with epoxy. I haven’t done it, I may try it when I pick up my second F. 

13 minutes ago, Mitch_Hoff said:

You can absolutely add weight in the back strap. On another thread I saw someone put lead shot in with epoxy. I haven’t done it, I may try it when I pick up my second F. 

That's actually exactly what I asked my buddy who does stippling and cerakoting.  His reply was "it could work, but maybe a couple of thin brass or tungsten dowels/rods would be better."  My original thought was to just open up a shotgun shell and mix some in with epoxy.

Side note, mine didn't come with different backstrap sizes.  I also didn't see a cutout for them in the foam in the box.  Does the F not come with different sizes or are mine missing?

Edited by 01svtL

17 minutes ago, 01svtL said:

That's actually exactly what I asked my buddy who does stippling and cerakoting.  His reply was "it could work, but maybe a couple of thin brass or tungsten dowels/rods would be better."  My original thought was to just open up a shotgun shell and mix some in with epoxy.

Side note, mine didn't come with different backstrap sizes.  I also didn't see a cutout for them in the foam in the box.  Does the F not come with different sizes or are mine missing?

They got cheap on the case. Check under the foam, all the goodies are hidden under there. After a while they get less shy and fall out every time you open the box.

And congrats on your new P10F! It's a fantastic platform. It starts out good but after about 1K rounds everything on my has loosened up and feels even better.

Anyone tried the Henning basepads yet? I think they are supposedly shipping before the 14th.

16 hours ago, 01svtL said:
5 hours ago, mrvip27 said:

Anyone tried the Henning basepads yet? I think they are supposedly shipping before the 14th.

I pre-ordered, they haven’t shipped yet. But I’ll post about them when they show up, as an edit to the OP. 

11 hours ago, Mitch_Hoff said:

Looking forward to the review.