Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trijicon SRO Round Counts

Derdang

10 hours ago, Derdang said:

How many rounds did your Venom last?

god .....I was probably up to 7-8000, it's on my Ruger Mark III competition gun now. Actually if the window was taller on the venom I would've stuck with it,

that was really the only complaint I had with it. Vortex should take notice of what these other RMR companies are doing and make a competition 

targeted optic.

10 hours ago, kmanick said:

god .....I was probably up to 7-8000, it's on my Ruger Mark III competition gun now. Actually if the window was taller on the venom I would've stuck with it,

that was really the only complaint I had with it. Vortex should take notice of what these other RMR companies are doing and make a competition 

targeted optic.

That’s interesting

I had about 8k rounds on one, and 2500 on another. 

I had no issues other than the elevation adjustment moving by itself. From what I’ve seen most SROs don’t do this, but a few do. 

I recently switched to the r3 max to try out. 

• 2 weeks later...

4 mths / 4K rounds, so far so good.  Only issue I've had so far is I just noticed the zero had shifted low and left about 2-3".  Not sure exactly when this happened, probably fairly recently.  Some have put a dab of clear nail polish on the elevation screws.  I just indexed mine with a small line of while paint so I can pick up on this sooner.