Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
random_guy7531

So how do you guys mark your brass?

Recommended Posts

I mark all of my Brass Red with a sharpie.  I put them in a hundo case gauge. Run my fingers over the primers to check them and then run a fat trip sharpie across them all and flip them into a case. I have other colors for other loads 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marking across the primer is great if your brass lands vertically.   It will allow you to distinguish your 38sc from your friend's brass. 

 

However, if you want an easier time finding your brass among the sea of 9mm, you need a circumferential mark around  the case. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dump a couple hundred cleaned cases into a plastic shoebox.

 

Give it a good squirt of Dykem Red spray

 

Put the lid on and shake.

 

Wait 10 minutes.

 

Load.

 

Leaves red crap on the gun and press, but it's way easier than any other marking method that isn't "don't"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, shred said:

Dump a couple hundred cleaned cases into a plastic shoebox.

 

Give it a good squirt of Dykem Red spray

 

Put the lid on and shake.

 

Wait 10 minutes.

 

Load.

 

Leaves red crap on the gun and press, but it's way easier than any other marking method that isn't "don't"

 

Where do you find the Dykem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Balakay said:

Marking across the primer is great if your brass lands vertically.   It will allow you to distinguish your 38sc from your friend's brass. 

 

However, if you want an easier time finding your brass among the sea of 9mm, you need a circumferential mark around  the case. 

I mark mine across the primer for different loads and to know that it is mine if I pick it up.  I shoot 9 so I am not so worried if I get it back or not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2020 at 4:56 PM, GrumpyOne said:

Where do you find the Dykem?

McMaster, Grainger, Fastenal, MSC... the usual machine-shop-supply places.  IIRC the last cans I got were from a local place since the spray has to ship like spray paint.

 

The spray works better than the liquid, although you can make that work, it doesn't spread as well and takes a few coats of the shoebox before it sticks to the brass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, shred said:

McMaster, Grainger, Fastenal, MSC... the usual machine-shop-supply places.  IIRC the last cans I got were from a local place since the spray has to ship like spray paint.

 

The spray works better than the liquid, although you can make that work, it doesn't spread as well and takes a few coats of the shoebox before it sticks to the brass.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=dykem+steel+blue&adgrpid=55062044854&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9ruAs6aG5wIVRNbACh0gCgE_EAAYASAAEgJuW_D_BwE&hvadid=409958519499&hvdev=m&hvlocphy=9051565&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=b&hvrand=14303012695903561687&hvtargid=kwd-297433850128&hydadcr=12189_11119263&tag=hydsma-20&ref=pd_sl_3jh7so4i12_b

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That works too, but don't get the blue.  Red is the only good color they have for marking brass.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2019 at 4:10 PM, zombywoof said:

9 major, let it lay.

 

Feels great

+1 I buy used tumbled 9 mm brass I get for about $25 a thousand. Why pick it up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...