Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Swage rod broke

I broke mine as well, exact same brake at the ID threads.   Dillon sent me a new one at no charge.   As a machinist and product designer, its a very weak design with the wall thickness so thin at the root of the threads.   However this maybe intentional as a designed fuse to fail if bound up.   

15 hours ago, helocat said:

I broke mine as well, exact same brake at the ID threads.   Dillon sent me a new one at no charge.   As a machinist and product designer, its a very weak design with the wall thickness so thin at the root of the threads.   However this maybe intentional as a designed fuse to fail if bound up.   

Do you know why yours broke?

43 minutes ago, shred said:

FWIW, Dillon redesigned the swage rod for the soon-to-be-released-really-we-mean-it-this-time RL1100, so I'd guess more than a few people had issues with it..

Curious to what changes they made.

9 hours ago, Derdang said:

Do you know why yours broke?

Nope.  As far as I know it was set up right and working fine, it just let go all of a sudden.   Way way weak like I said earlier with the root of the thread thickness to the wall crazy thin.  

5 hours ago, helocat said:

Nope.  As far as I know it was set up right and working fine, it just let go all of a sudden.   Way way weak like I said earlier with the root of the thread thickness to the wall crazy thin.  

Dang not good. It is pretty thin around that part.